DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - A bridge, a deer & sudden death
POSTED August 8, 2012, 10:03 by Safiremoon (Viewed 414 times)

THE DREAM : My boyfriend and I are traveling by foot somewhere I don't know and we go through this dark tunnel. I walk right into a deer and by consequence scare the animal who then like a cartoon flattens itself against the wall to hide. I apologized to the deer for scaring it. I feel really really bad for frightening it. We are suddenly out of the tunnel about to cross an overpass. The owners of the deer thank me for not harming their pet. It was a guy with a dark scruffy beard, bald head in cargo shorts and a gray t- shirt and his girlfriend, a blonde, in a pink top and acid washed jeans who was actually under the bridge gathering with other people. The other people under the bridge were laying in the grass. They seemed to be kind of like nomads of some kind. We liked them from a start and so we start talking to them. My boyfriend picks up a kiddie swing that was knocked over so that the deer could sit on it. As he's doing this the guy said, "Thanks man that's really kind of you" and then said, "I'll be right back".....he suddenly jumped over the overpass like a base-jumper but, miscalculated his jump and didn't land in the grassy area he was aiming for. When he leaped over it was so unexpected and I felt my heart drop and my eyes followed him as he crashed onto the pavement. His girlfriend was hysterical and I looked over at my boyfriend and he was at first in shock but, then I saw him squat down and bury his face in his hands....in the dream I felt this guy's spirit leave his body and I woke up completely disturbed. I cried out of horror of what I had seen. My boyfriend held me close and kept telling me it was a dream but, it was just too real to me. If anyone has any insight to what this dream may mean please feel free to comment. Thank you!

THE BACKGROUND:-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 9, 2012, 02: 4: 40)

Dreams can link to the future (premonitions) but actually most dreams simply capture your feelings - and in particular some strong feeling from yesterday.

Try to make associations with important thoughts from yesterday. Where did you feel a real feeling of total shock as in the dream? Think also of the man who says thanks... think from an emotional point of view... what does he remind you of? Its little connections like this that can help to trace the meaning of a dream
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

BOYFRIEND: A dream about your boyfriend will quite often be about your boyfriend. Such dreams will capture new thoughts and feelings as they emerge from your mind. So try to see how any boyfriend dreams represent changes in your feelings?

FINISH: What does it mean if you are finishing something in a dream? Well think of the wider appplications of that theme. Have you been thinking how long something has taken to complete? Do you feel totally unprepared for something? (so you worry that something is unlikely to be completed. Do you need to try harder in some way? (so something is more likely to be completed).

For more information read here Finish dreams

BRIDGE: Dream symbols can be very abstract in their meaning. Bridges are barriers which are difficult to cross and so can link to any barriers which are stopping you personally moving forward. Bridges could represent any life changes right now. It can simply be your minds way of saying you have reached a crucial point in some way. Think of ways in which you have been trying to change - have you been trying to sort out problems? These are the day to day ways in which bridges represent the need to cross over - by changing or tranforming.

For more information read here Bridge dreams

SHOCK: Some dream symbols are fairly easy to interpret. If you feel shocked in a dream then simply think about your emotions and feelings right now. How would you use the word shocked or shocking in real life. It could link to ordinary day to day situations and emotions. Were you shocked by someone's views yesterday? Did something very unexpected happen yesterday? Did you realise that your behaviour maybe considered as shocking yesterday? Would someone be appalled if they found out what you were really up to?

For more information read here Shock dreams

JUMP: -Have you been thinking about some change which you need to make?
-Did someone act decisively yesterday?
-Do you feel under pressure at the moment?
-Have you just radically changed your view on something?
-Did someone act very hastily yesterday?

For more information read here Jumping in dreams

People in dreams

PETS: Dream symbols often deal with certain themes in our lives. A pet is often a symbol of very dear friends who make a fuss about us. So if you have been thinking how special someone has been treating you then your dream may simply represent that theme. Dreams often deal with opposites so a dream with pets in could also link to some worries that a friend has not been as dear and supportive as you expected.

For fuller explanation of pets in dream then read here - Pets in dreams

Suddenly in dreams

Casual clothes in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z