DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Snakes in my mouth
POSTED May 3, 2013, 22:05 by KarenT (Viewed 208 times)

THE DREAM : I dreamed 2 green mambas slid on to me and nestled by my face. I was petrified and eventually they were in my mouth curled up. I freaked out and ripped one out and the other went down my throat. I was so scared it would bite me inside. What does this mean?

THE BACKGROUND:The thing that happened that day was a phone conversation where I got heated up and angry.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 4, 2013, 01: 6: 24)

Hi Karen

Most dreams do not tell you anything you do not already know (I think dreams link to conscious not unconscious thoughts). A dream will link to some key intuition or emotion. I try to work things out in reverse - you look at the symbols and see what sort of symbolic meanings fit.

Clearly the dream links to this issue. I believe that dreams will be triggered by big incidents which get your emotions going. There are obviosu signs that the dream does link. Negative and bad dreams will generally link to negative issues.

I think the main part of dreams is that they capture key feelings and so I try to translate dreams into thought processes. Its difficult with your dream because I do not know the precise nature of your argument. But your dream could link to any of the following.

"I hate myself for saying those things. I got very angry"

"she was putting words in my mouth"

How does the symbolism work? Well snakes are often linked to negative things such as nasty comments. Notice that the snakes are linked to your mouth - mouths are often symbols of things you have said. Notice also that the snake goes inside you. Thats the minds way of possibly saying "The anger was right inside me eating away at me" or "the poison was right inside me".

I cannot say precisely what the dream means but these symbols capture these different quotes "things said", "nasty comments" and "the poison inside me". Try to make up a quote which features words like thse and which also captures your exact thoughts about this phone call.
KarenT (POSTED May 5, 2013, 11: 7: 07)

You are right and it did feel like i was spitting fire when I was arguing. I do sometimes let rip like something is bubbling out of me. I could have handled it better but anger got the better of me! My words were like poison and she said she feels attacked by me, but when it comes to my children I do react differently and tend to over protect. Thanks for helping.
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

PETS: Dream symbols often deal with certain themes in our lives. A pet is often a symbol of very dear friends who make a fuss about us. So if you have been thinking how special someone has been treating you then your dream may simply represent that theme. Dreams often deal with opposites so a dream with pets in could also link to some worries that a friend has not been as dear and supportive as you expected.

For fuller explanation of pets in dream then read here - Pets in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z