DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Read this to find out what triggered your dream
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

Type your reply in the box below

Redirecting

DREAM FORUM - THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE
POSTED July 14, 2011, 05:04 by Iceberg Rose

THE DREAM : I noticed I was dreaming while I was in a landscape similar to an annual agricultural show. Here in Australia, the event in my dream was not unlike the Royal Easter Show. Altough in my dream it was smaller and in a more rural location as opposed to the big city location of Sydney.

In the dream I was not particularly active. Rather I was more of an observer looking for clues as to why I needed this dream to be so lucid.

Out in the showground there were dare devil car drivers so I left the noisiness there to look inside a pavilion of exotic specimens and living things on show.

Looking inside a glass display cage I expected to see a rare animal and instead noticed a human head lying on the bottom of the cage. At first I thought it was a statue. When I looked more intensely I realized it was human. It was alive and appeared to be in a constant state of dissociated anxiety.

I became quite horrified on behalf of the head and felt a sense of urgency to get into the cage and comfort it. The head was a sentient being isolated from the normal senses afforded human life and I determined to do something about it.

Ignoring protocol I broke into the cage and gently touched the heads cheek on its face with the palm side of my outstretched fingers on my left hand to comfort it. I saw the face visibly relax and while touching it noticed a living foot on display in the next cage.

Reaching forward to my right I gathered the foot toward me and comforted the foot with my right hand. I drew them both close to me and gently hugged them toward my body so they had a sense of my presence. However I was careful with my touch to ensure it communicated they did not need to fear being crushed.

The feeling I had was intense sadness for the dissociated head and foot that had no power to seek a remedy to their caged isolation. As a participant dreamer in this dream it was a great comfort for me to reach out my hand and touch them. At the very least I was sure it broke their isolation and I felt glad I could at least do this tiny thing of touching them mercifully.

I couldn’t help but wonder why no one else had ever thought to do the same.

I focused all my attention on the head in particular and blocked out the passing parade that were gawking at me with the typical dispassion I see in people walking round exhibits.

The dream ended here and I sat down at breakfast with my husband feeling very sad for the head in particular.

THE BACKGROUND:As I described my dream to my husband I shared that the head in my dream had no body to care for it and I started to laugh. This head had no body. In the dream I was the body that cared for it.

I don’t recall any event in the last few days that seems particularly significant except one to one meetings by appointment with the members of my work team.

What I did notice is that this dream related to a dream I had many years ago where I found my own headless body in the back of our old station wagon in a garbage dump. I have spent today wondering if I have finally found my missing head from that long ago dream. I have always wondered where it might have been.

I also know both these dreams relate to another dream I had several years after I found my body. In that dream I killed a woman by decapitating her because I knew she was dangerous and could potentially hurt people I cared for. In that dream I was warning everyone she was dangerous but no one listened to me.

After I had killed that woman I told everyone in that dream she could not be trusted and the dream closed with me watching her while I waited for the police to come and contain the situation.

My personal sense of this dream is that I have been able to make connections with some feeling that had been beyond my conscious reach when I was younger and I feel very glad about this. To be more scientific, I feel my neoplastic brain has grown big enough to make a body out of all the dismembered bits.

This feels like a very positive dream. My strongest recollection now is the powerful gut surging emotion of mercy I felt in the dream toward the dissociated head. I mean, what can a head do if there is no body to care for it.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

This is a new type of dream dictionary. It is based upon hundreds of real life dream interpretations. Each dream has been specially chosen. Many of them follow on from days when big events happened. The theory being that if you are going to dream about anything it will be about this big incident. Using dreams like these we can start to glimpse into the language of the mind.

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z

SUPPORT THIS SITE - Support this site by bookmarking it on the following social networks

Post this story to 

stumbleupon Digg this as an interesting dream analysis webpage Post this page to Facebook Post this page to reddit Recommend this page for others interested in dream dictionary symbolsBookmark page in Technorati Furl this 

Page!