A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - alley
ALLEYS IN DREAMS: Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance an "alley" dream may simply capture an everyday thought such as "I really wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night". In that way your dream picks out one features of alleys - that they are dark places where you can feel very vulnerable in.
FULL LIST OF KEYWORDS
In practice alleyways have several symbolic meanings. Only one of them applies so read through the list and see ways in which they seem relevant in your life right now.
- "avoiding someone" (Were you trying to avoid someone yesterday? If so the alleyway is the type of place you go to in order to avoid them. You will keep out of public places and main roads and frequent alleyways "just in case" you might bump into them. If that is the case then the dream of an alley represents some thoughts about this person you are trying to avoid)
- "dangerous person" (Were you thinking about someone who is quite horrible and possibly dangerous? If so then the alley way symbolises this danger - after all you would not want to get trapped in a back alley with them.)
- "vulnerable" (This is quite similar to the meaning above. However, here you have been thinking about someone who is particularly vulnerable. Getting stuck down an alley symbolises your worries for this vulnerable person and wish to keep them safe and protected)
- "narrow minded" (Are you narrow minded? Are you not willing to consider the opinions of others. Back alleys are places where few people go. So the alleys represent your inability to see others opinions. You are not accessing places where people meet. Its quite an abstract meaning but has been shown to apply in real dreams)
- "secrets" (Are you trying to keep something secret? If so the back alley can symbolise the wish to keep something hidden and out of view.)
- "aloof/cut off" (If you are aloof and cut off from others then the alley dream could link to a very abstract meaning of alleys. If you go in an alley you are not mixing with others so the dream points to your aloofness. The dream shows that you are living in your own little world maybe with views which are quite odd and eccentric.)