A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - ancient
ANCIENT IN DREAMS : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a dream about ancient times may simply capture the feeling that "yesterday was so dramatic and intense". That's because we associate ancient times with dramatic and intense stories. We often think of the past in terms of epic stories and brutal times. A highly dramatic moment may seem like it is as dramatic as ancient times. You maybe feeling as if something was straight out of an epic film.
FULL LIST OF KEYWORDS
In practice ancient times have several symbolic meaning. Here is the full list.
- "epic" (we often think of history in terms of the great epic films such as Ben Hur and Spartacus. In some way we associate such times with great stories and adventures. In truth the past was no more exciting or epic than now. If you have a dream of ancient times it may just be that you have just experienced something very dramatic and intense. Maybe you have just finished an epic project? Maybe you just witnessed some intense and dramatic situation?)
- "brutal" (The ancient past was deeply brutal. People were executed for no reason. There was slavery, torture, and all kinds of brutality. You may have a dream in ancient times if you have been thinking of such brutality. Did you think how brutal the world can be the day before the dream? Have you got a very bleak perspective on the world right now? Were you shocked by how bleak someone's life is? Do you think how lucky you are because you do not have such a brutalised existence? Did you witness someone strong picking on the weak and helpless yesterday?)
- "deep thinking" (We associate the ancient past with great thinkers such as Plato and Socrates. A dream of ancient times may be your minds way of saying "I was in a very philosophical mood yesterday" or "We had a very deep and intellectual talk")
- "dramatic" (Through films we see how dramatic and intense the ancient world was. This is somewhat a myth but we still think of the epic stories of the past. A dream of ancient times may just be your minds way of saying "yesterday was so intense and dramatic"" or "that was a very dramatic and romantic thing he did".)
- "instincts of ancient man" (Carl Jung once had a dream about the ancient foundations of a house. This was symbolic of his thoughts about man's ancient instincts and the effects this has on his thinking)
Its a fallacy that dreams capture unconscious thoughts - dreams represent thoughts that we are all too aware of. A typical dream would translate into the types of thoughts that we might write down in a diary or tell a best friend. Dreams represent your key thoughts which pinpoint the problems right now. Try to write down some quotes which capture your feelings right now and try to include the words and phrases above. For instance if you have been thinking about how brutal and terrible life is then your dream about ancient times may be linked to that. This is because ancient times were very brutal. It would be a very relevant metaphor - ancient times were so brutal and hard.
Dreams can represent very sophisticated thoughts. For instance one dream in our database featured Roman times which were full of brutality. The day before the dreamer had been feeling sorry for himself. Up until recently he had always felt how destined he was and how some force was protecting him. Yet the night before he was thinking how bad things can happen for no reason - he was having some really bad luck. His dream of ancient times was merely his minds way of saying "life can be brutal". Essentially the dream captured this exact thought - "I have always felt protected by some greater force. But now I think that bad things happen for no reason." By looking through the dreamers recent thinking we gained an insight into the exact thought and exact change in the dreamers thinking. Dreams can be very insightful if we know just how to interpret them.