A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Fighting in dreams
RESEARCH INTO FIGHTING DREAMS Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "fighting" dream may simply capture your feeling that "I am having to battle against my fathers low opinion of me" and so the "fight" may translate into the words "battle" and is also highly linked to the fathers low opinion of him. The dream simply uses the fight to portray this everyday struggle in the dreamers life. In practice fight dreams can translate into many words such as "struggle","working relentlessly" and "confrontation". Try reading the full list below and see which of these words seems most relevant in your life right now.
KEYWORDS FOR FIGHTING DREAMS?
This section will give you an insight into virtually any fighting dream.
- "working relentlessly" (if you put 100 hundred percent effort into something then you are fighting)
- "someone having no confidence in you" (If someone does not believe in you then you have to put in twice the effort to get respect. Its a constant "struggle" (fight) to be accepted)
- "ill health" (All forms of severe illness can test us to our very limits - people use the phrase "battling against" an illness)
- "struggle" (who did you have to struggle with yesterday?)
- "suffering physical pain" (pain and illness can be the root cause of any illness)
- "traumatised" (have you been reliving some bad memory?)
- "difficult relationship" (you fight for a relationship)
- "confrontation" (is your fighting dream simply replaying some confrontation from yesterday)
- "continuous problems" (if a problem keeps emerging continuously we feel as if its a fight or battle)
- "depression" (you are obviously fighting against an illness which is eating away at you)
- "100 percent effort" (anything involving real effort is like a fight because fights consume all our strength)
- "determination" (because if you are prepared to fight then this shows your determination - its a related emotion)
- "continual bickering" (any continuous problem makes us feel as if we are fighting a battle)
- "battling" (who or what were you battling against yesterday?)
- "unwillingness to accept failure" (If you will never accept defeat then sometimes you will struggle against all the odds.)
- "thinking that the world is against you" (if you feel everything is against you then it can easily trigger a fighting dream)
- "arguing" (simply put arguments are a kind of metaphorical fight)
- "work tension" (work problems are a large source of our tension and stress)
- "a demanding job" (is work a constant struggle to meet deadlines? Is work a very cut throat environment?)
- "fighting to keep relationship going" (do you value a relationship and have you been putting all your effort into saving it)
- "bitterness" (are you emotionally bitter - fighting a battle that is already lost? Have you been finding it difficult to accept something?)
- "feeling that you are going crazy" (Is it a real struggle to keep going in life? Is your poor mental health draining you? )
- "prejudice" (if a world does not accept us then we fight a battle against prejudice and injustice)
- "fighting" (of course did you get involved in an actual fight yesterday or did you see someone fight? How would you use the word fight in describing your emotions yesterday)
- "believing in a cause" (we fight for what we believe in)
Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of - nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that thought - it may even portray that exact thought process. So if you have been feeling that "I have been putting every last bit of effort into this project" then the "fight" shows you have been putting as much effort into the project as you would into a fight.
Dreams can link to very sophisticated thoughts. Take for instance the following dream - "There was a Roman army fighting some ancient battle. They were stuck along a long road fighting in this confined space fighting a defensive rearguard action. Also there are these wild dogs or wolves snapping away". In real life the dreamer was trying to fight to keep a relationship going. This was proving very difficult and almost impossible. Most dreams simply capture how we feel so if we look at our own thoughts then we can usually deduce a dreams meaning. In real life the dreamer was not willing to give up on this woman as he felt she was destined to him. We know that the fighting dream probably symbolises his fight to keep the relationship going but we can deduce other things. Really the dream captures this exact thought - "I am fighting to keep the relationship going but its a real struggle. I am not willing to give up though as I think she is destined for me". So really the fighting dream symbolises his unwillingness to give up but his realisation that he was losing the battle. Fighting dreams then can therefore suggest that you are fighting against all the odds.