A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - gift
GIFTS IN DREAMS: Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "gift" dream may simply translate into the word "appreciated" and the dream capture an everyday thought such as "I really wanted to show much I appreciated his help". In that way a dream can link to some meaningful thought in your mind right now. Often we think dreams are so bizarre and irrelevant, yet once we understand the symbolism, we start to realise how dreams translate into key thoughts and feelings. The types of things we would write down in a diary or tell a friend.
KEYWORDS LINKED TO GIFT DREAMS
In practice gifts have several symbolic meanings. Here is the full list. Try writing down quotes which feature the words and phrases listed below and which capture key feelings (the types of things you would write down in a diary such as "I wanted to be nice to everyone yesterday" or "I had a special word with him to show him that our relationship is special").
- "appreciated" (gifts help express our special gratitude and help show our appreciation for someone)
- "unwanted attention" (A gift in a dream may link to some unwanted attention e.g. "he is a bit weird. I would not want to get a gift from him")
- "affection" (gifts are a good way of showing affection)
- "special relationship" (We give gifts only to people who are special to us so a gift dream may link to a special relationship. Did you try to make someone feel special yesterday)
- "nice" (Did you make a special effort to be nice to someone yesterday?)
- "doing something for someone" (if you make a special effort to do something for someone then its a "gift". You give them time)
- "growing as a person" (Gifts are also very abstract concepts. We talk of "the gift of life" or "playing the piano is a gift from God". Gifts can be highly abstract in their meaning linking to growth or meaning)