A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - gun
GUNS IN DREAMS : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance guns will translate into words like "provoke","anger","confrontational" and "blame"to mention but a few.
WHY ARE THESE KEY WORDS LINKED TO THIS SYMBOL?
- "provoke" (people holding guns are obviously provocative)
- "anger" (a person likely to use a gun is often angry)
- "confrontational" (using a gun is a very high level of confrontation
- "blame" (pointing a gun is a bit like pointing a finger of blame)
- "argument" (people with guns have very strongly held views)
- "insistent" (if someone is forcing you to do something with a gun then they are insisting)
- "passionate" (people who hold guns are often very passionate in their views)
- "phobia" (phobic people often have very heightened emotions and behaviour which link in with the other keywords featured here such as blame and argument. A phobic person thinks that the world is pointing a finger at them and blaming them)
- "accusation" (pointing a gun is a bit like accusing someone.)
- "paranoia" (paranoid people believe that the world is against them and they will imagine highly confrontational situations like people pointing guns at them)
- "compel" (you can use a gun to compel someone to do something)
- "focus" (when someone holds a gun its a highly focused situation)
- "determined" (if you hold a gun then you are showing determination)
- "force" (obviously if someone is holding gun they intend to force you into doing something)
- "prevent" (if you are holding a gun you can prevent others doing something)
- "defend strongly"(if you have a gun then you can defend something)
- "threaten" (if you are holding a gun its a very threatening behaviour)
- "trauma" (a gun crime would obviously be something very traumatic and so this could represent any traumatic incident)- "resist" and "able to resist" (if you hold a gun you are able to resist. A gun may also suggest that you are confident in your ability to withstand something).- "soundness of mind" (have you been thinking about your own soundness of mind? Do you worry you might lose it in some way? Have you been worried about someone's sanity?).
Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of - nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that exact thought - it may even portray that exact thought process. So if you have been feeling that "recently you have been full of anger" then a gun dream may portray that feeling exactly. That's because anger is a key word which features in the list and so its a possible symbolic meaning of guns in dreams.
All dream symbols can portray very complex and sophisticated thoughts that we would not associate with dream meanings. Take for instance a dream where the dreamer holds a gun to her friends head and threatens to kill him. In real life he had become very ill the day before and the dreamer wanted him to go the doctors because he had obvious signs of heart disease. But he refused and the dreamer felt guilty about this later. So if we look at the dream it obviously captures this type of thought - "I should have forced him to go to the doctors" or "what could I do! The only way I could have got him to go to the doctors was if I held a gun to his head!"