A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - pets
PETS IN DREAMS : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "pet" dream may simply capture an everyday thought such as "I need comforting due to all my financial problems". In that way the pet can literally be translated into the words "I need comforting" as comfort is one of the things that we associate with pets.
KEYWORDS CONNECTED TO THIS SYMBOL
In practice pets have several symbolic meanings. Here is the full list.
- "affectionate and nice" (There are not usually complications with pets. They are usually very affectionate and loyal. So they are a symbol for any friendships or affectionate relationships. Think of any connection in your thoughts with affection. Do you need more affection?)
- "a boyfriend" (We expect loyalty and trust and affection from a boyfriend. These are also qualities which we associate with pets. Your dream could be about your boyfriend in some way. It could suggest that you have realised how affectionate he is? It may hint that you wish for him to be more affectionate and loyal?)
- "a loyal and trusted friend" (We expect total loyalty from pets. So these are symbols for loyalty in any aspect of our lives. )
- "missing someone dearly" (Is your husband or a loved one away at the moment? If you are missing someone a lot a pet dream may tap into that loss.)
- "a need to be comforted" (Did you have a really tough day yesterday? Do you need to calm down and relax? Did someone else need comforting? Any situation like this could have triggered this dream)
- "sexual affection" (Pets are associated with affection in general but they can link to sexual affection as we crave love and physical contact)
- "a really strong connection with someone" (Have you been thinking how close you have become to someone? The bond between pet and owner is quite strong and it can depict any close relationship)
Its a fallacy that dreams capture unconscious thoughts - dreams represent thoughts that we are all too aware of. A typical dream would translate into the types of thoughts that we might write down in a diary or tell a best friend. Dreams represent your key thoughts which pinpoint the problems right now. Try to write down some quotes which capture your feelings right now and try to include the words and phrases above. For instance if you were thinking how strong a connection you are building up with someone then a pet dream is just the minds way of saying "he is a loyal and trusted friend". The dream marks this recognition as you are thinking of this person as a true friend.
Dreams can represent very sophisticated thoughts. For instance one dream in our database featured the dreamers pet scratching her. In real life she had just found out that a loyal and trusted friend had been saying bad things about her. The dream literally captures this thought - "I was very upset as she was a loyal and trusted friend and I would not want someone like that to be saying bad things about me". The dream depicts this thought exactly! The pet is a symbol for the loyal and trusted friend. The scratching is a symbol for the words "saying bad things". So putting the scratching and pet together it captures the dreamers main feeling from the day before.