A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - railway
RAILWAYS IN DREAMS : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "railway" dream may simply capture your feeling that "I am becoming obsessed about my new hobby. Its all I can think about - I have a one track mind" and so the "railway" may translate into the words "obsessed" as a railway is an excellent metaphor for a "one track mind".
KEY WORDS LINKED TO RAILWAY DREAMS? Here is the full list of simple key words and phrases which link to railway dreams. Try to think which of these are relevant in your life right now. If you can think of anything then your dream may simply tap into that theme within your life at the moment.
- "keep on track" (Do you need to keep on track with some targets? A railway may be your minds way of expressing this need to stay on track rather than deviate. A railway is an excellent way of describing this as railways only ever go in straight lines they do not deviate and get side tracked)
- "focused" (You are heading straight to your goal just like a train)
- "obsessive" (You have a one track mind - you are unable to deviate from the one line of thought - just like a train cannot deviate from the line)
- "one track mind" (we use the simple train metaphor)
- "cannot avoid" (if two people go down the same fixed lines then they are sure to bump into each others. Have you been thinking about someone you cannot seem to avoid. Do you wish to bump into this person)
- "routine" (do you just go down the same line every day - very deviating from your set routine)
- "break the routine" (just like the above - dreams deal with themes - you have been thinking about your routine)
- "the same thing everyday" (does your life follow the same routine every day.)
- "unwilling to listen" (you have a one track mind)
- "forced along certain lines" (just like a train only heads down a fixed path)
- "heading in just one direction" (just like a train heads down the same line)
Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of - nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that thought - it may even portray that exact thought process. So if you have been feeling that "I wish I could avoid her but we both tend to go to the same places". In that way the railway is symbolic of the dreamer and the person he wishes to avoid both going down the same lines every day (just like a train)