A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - village
VILLAGES IN DREAMS:Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "village" dream may simply capture an everyday thought such as "Its a wonderful atmosphere in my new community - everyone knows each other". In that way your dream picks out one feature of villages - that people get along with each other and everyone knows each other. The dreamer is saying that their new neighbourhood has an atmosphere like a village.
FULL LIST OF KEYWORDS
In practice villages have several symbolic meaning. Here is the full list.
- "friendly atmosphere" (a village is often seen as idyllic - everyone knows each other and their is a friendly fun atmosphere. This maybe the minds way of saying "that place has a really good atmosphere - it was very welcoming" or that "I wish I had a place which was friendly and welcoming to go to". Alternatively, if you are the type of person who likes to keep yourself to yourself then its about your wish to avoid a place which is especially outgoing. So dreams can approach this theme of "friendly and welcoming" from any angle)
- "feeling marginalised" (This could be your minds way of saying "I felt really marginalised yesterday?" Is marginalisation something relevant in your thoughts right now? Did you feel for someone who was excluded yesterday? Did you think about an atmosphere somewhere which is closed and unwelcoming.)
- "stuck in their own world" (Dreams have an unusual habit of describing feelings. A dream in a village maybe your minds way of saying "he has some really odd views". That's probably because villages are cut off and can this isolation can encourage some strange views and behaviours. Have you been extremely frustrated by someone's inability to consider others?)
- "inaccessible" (Villages are in the middle of no where and here we are cut off from things. This type of village dream could capture a thought like "I was really looking forward to my new camera. But I was unable to use it because the memory card was not included".)
- "cut off" (The mind uses symbols in strange ways which are not immediately obvious. A village dream may capture this "He lives in a different country so I can lie as much as I want - I will not be found out". In that way the village symbolises the great distances between the dreamer and someone else.)
Its a fallacy that dreams capture unconscious thoughts - dreams represent thoughts that we are all to aware of. A typical dream would translate into the types of thoughts that we might write down in a diary or tell a best friend. Dreams represent your key thoughts which pinpoint the problems right now. Try to write down some quotes which capture your feelings right now and try to include the words and phrases above. For instance if you felt frustrated because a co-worker is stuck in his own world with very eccentric views then clearly the village symbolism is relevant. The dream maybe about that situation and so you could try to look for other connections.