A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - wedding
WEDDINGS IN DREAMS: Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "wedding" dream may simply translate into the words "serious commitment" and the dream capture an everyday thought such as "he really does not want a long term relationship". Often wedding dreams will link to our assessments about how serious someones commitment is.
KEYWORDS LINKED TO WEDDING DREAMS Here is the full list of simple key words and phrases which link to wedding dreams. Try to think which of these are relevant in your life right now. If you can think of anything then your dream may simply tap into that theme within your life at the moment.
- "serious relationship?" (Are you thinking of taking the next step with a boyfriend/girlfriend? Are you thinking of moving in with each other? If so the wedding does not symbolise thoughts about an actual wedding but rather your wish to become more serious. A wedding could be the minds way of saying you are thinking in terms of a long term relationship. A teenage girl might get a dream about marrying her boyfriend but it generally will not mean that they are about to get married. Rather they are becoming a serious item and a a genuine sense of partnership)
- "commitment issues" (Wedding dreams can be linked to commitment issues within a relationship. If the groom does not turn up in a dream or things are going wrong then the dream shows you sensing commitment issues from your boyfriend/girlfriend)
- "actual wedding plans" (Have you been thinking about an actual wedding which is about to take place. If so then your dream may be quite literal. It may play out some fear that things may not go to plan. It often just reveals that you are thinking about your wedding which is hardly surprising.)
- "commitment" (Wedding dreams can be symbolic of commitment in any sense. Have you been seriously committed to something? Have you become devoted to a cause? Have you been accused of being married to your job? A wedding dream maybe very abstract in its meaning in such cases)
- "determined" (Determination is just another word for commitment. Have you been particularly determined recently? Have you focused your sights on just one thing? If so then that's quite similar to a man devoting himself to just one woman - which is central to marriage. Dreams deal with such obscure similarities)
- "everyone making an effort" (Has everyone been making an effort for something? Often a marriage brings out the best on people who all rally round to do their best for the couple. Have people been rallying round in a similar way in real life? If yes then the marriage could link to this sense of enthusiasm for this good cause)
- "respect from partner" (Does your partner truly respect you? Dreams deal with themes so a dream dealing with weddings deals with the questions associated with that. If your partner has shown you respect and truly values you then they truly fulfil the marriage partnership. If they do not then he marriage is worth nothing. A dream of a wedding can ask the question "is my partner a true husband/wife?" If this is a question you have been asking yourself then look for hints from the dream. If the dream seems positive then it shows your belief in your partner. If the dream seems negative then the dream represents your own lack of confidence in your partner and their lack of real respect for you)
- "take the next step"
- "long term prospects of a relationship"
- "getting things just right" (were you rushing around trying to get things just right yesterday? A wedding day only happens once so if you get things wrong then there is little time to put things right. Did you feel a similar sense of urgency in getting things just perfect yesterday?)
- "a joyous celebration" (A wedding is just one example of a joyous occasion. Have you been celebrating something and been feeling joyous. If so the wedding dream simply captures that joyous mood.)