A-Z DREAM SYMBOLSA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O - P - Q R S T U V W X - Y - Z
Dream symbols - wolf
WOLVES IN DREAMS : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a wolf dream could be translated into the words "ruthless" and "uncaring". In real life one wolf dreamer had been thinking about her ex boyfriend who she now knew had cheated on her before they split up. So the dream uses one characteristic of wolves (they are by their nature ruthless and uncaring towards their prey) as a metaphor for her boyfriends ruthless treachery.
FULL LIST OF KEYWORDS
In practice wolves have several symbolic meanings. Here is the list. This list is by no means exhaustive - there maybe other meanings that we are not aware of.
- "suffering hard times" (We sometimes say that the wolves are at the door to describe poverty and hardship in life. Your dreams maybe suggest that you have been worn down by the struggles of life.)
- "Living on your instincts" (Are you having to complete in a harsh world? Are you struggling through life living on your wits? Do you have to depend on your own abilities. You maybe thinking about this life struggle and the challenge of life which is pushing you to your limits)
- "raw sexual desire" (Wolves maybe link to some raw sexual desire. Have you been thinking of someone with a raw sexual appetite? Were you very aroused yesterday? Did you partner behave in a very sexual way - getting carried away with raw passion?)
- "worn down by relentless pressure" (The prey of a wolf is worn down by relentless pressure. Is there something which has worn you down? Are you completely exhausted? Is your workplace continuously hostile and difficult? What situation is causing you stress continuously? Are you trying to ware someone down?)
- "the harsh reality of life" (Were you thinking of the harsh reality of life yesterday? Were you thinking how bad things happen and that there is nothing that you can do? A wolf may capture that feeling as you struggle against the world)
- "your own love of nature" (Many wolf dreams are clearly positive and they probably capture your own love of nature. Maybe you were especially inspired by nature and thinking of the natural world. Are you more at one with the world right now?)
- "Native American culture" (Were you thinking of Native American culture yesterday? Are you generally attracted to the natural world and native culture? Your dream may connect to the types of emotions and enthusiasm for an alternative way of living)
- "possible failure" (Wolves can symbolise failure in any form. Are you worried about a business failure? Do you worry that a relationship may end? What failure is looming in your mind?)
- "playing with danger" (Are you playing with fire? Do you need to recognise the consequences of something)
- "ruthless and uncaring behaviour" (If a wolf is symbolic of a person then who do you think the wolf could be? Who has been especially ruthless and cut throat? Who was picking on you? Who has been uncaring? Whose temper did you witness yesterday?)
Its a fallacy that dreams capture unconscious thoughts - dreams represent thoughts that we are all too aware of. A typical dream would translate into the types of thoughts that we might write down in a diary or tell a best friend. Dreams represent your key thoughts which pinpoint the problems right now. Try to write down some quotes which capture your feelings right now and try to include the words and phrases above.
Dreams can have very complex and unusual meanings. They use dream symbols in ways which we would not expect. One wolf attack dream featured a Red Riding Hood type girl torn to pieces by a wolf. In real life she had been talking to another guy and was in danger of cheating on her boyfriend. Following this dream she decided to cut off contact with this guy. Her own mind was warning her. In the dream the little girl was in obvious danger going near to the wolves. Metaphorically she was playing with fire and the dream portrays this exact feeling. If she continued her present course then she would provoke trouble. It would all end in tears.