DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REGISTER
DREAM FORUM - Stuck On A Sea Wall As Waves Crash Into It
POSTED October 2, 2011, 19:07 by ErikaLeigh7105 (Viewed 27 times)

THE DREAM : I remember the couple dreams I had were distressing.. One involved being forced to fish for sharks without gloves or proper gear so i ended up getting bit. The next one was the one that stuck out to me in the morning. I remember standing on the ledge of a really high sea wall with a ton of other people. We were all stuck there as giant waves were crashing below us against the wall. The waves were tipping over boats floating in the ocean. The only way out was to jump in the water and hope to float away where you could reach the shore. I just remember feeling so stuck.

THE BACKGROUND:I had this dream the day after my birthday which was a couple months after my girlfriend and i broke up. During those few months i'd really been struggling with my emotions to let go of her. I'd been doing all i could to be productive and keep myself busy with fun and friends, but could never seem to stop thinking about her everyday. I was hoping to at least hear from her on my birthday the day before, but was disappointed she never contacted me. Had a great night with friends and felt grateful for the people in my life. But thought of her when i got home. I can clearly see this dream was vividly showing me how stuck i felt with my emotions about holding onto my ended relationship
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED October 3, 2011, 01: 1: 13)
Thanks for that dream. Its clearly related to what you mention. Try to see the main issues in the storyline - the general themes. In the dream you have to let things get worse before they will get better. You have to jump in the water before you can be rescued. Thats the core part to me. But what could that mean? I suppose that when we feel upset we have to indulge those feelings. If you are upset then its important to allow yourself time to be upset. That you have to "mourn" the death of your relationship. So I think you are allowing yourself time and space to recover.

-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

SHARKS: - Who or what would you describe as shark like right now?
-Have you been worried about hidden dangers?
-Did you feel really hesitant about something yesterday?
-In what ways were you really scared yesterday? Who would you avoid like you would avoid sharks?
-Do you sense that trouble is about to occur in some way shortly?

For more information read here Sharkdreams

JUMP: -Have you been thinking about some change which you need to make?
-Did someone act decisively yesterday?
-Do you feel under pressure at the moment?
-Have you just radically changed your view on something?
-Did someone act very hastily yesterday?

For more information read here Jumping in dreams

People in dreams

Ships in dreams

Upset in dreams

Music in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z