DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - LOOKS LIKE WE HAD BETTER PITCH OUR TENT NOW
POSTED August 8, 2011, 16:01 by iceberg rose (Viewed 468 times)

THE DREAM : Sometimes my dreams are just snippits. They don't always pan out into a full story. I guess that is because the ideas behind the dreams are only rudimentary.

In my dream last night I was with my husband and we were surveying an area unfamiliar to us.

We had walked around a bit to survey the neighbourhood and I noticed a man and his family seemed to be pitching their tent at one end of a rectangular playing field. This alerted me to pay attention. It seemed strange to me they were doing so at this time, it was early morning so hardly the time to get a campsite ready for the coming evening by my reckoning.

Puzzled by this I focused on the effort being made and noticed more people were arriving to do the same thing. I became alarmed because we had not planned to pitch our tent till the late afternoon. The rate of people pitching their tent on this field indicated we may find ourself with no place left for us if we didn't take action. Worse would be a bad place where we would have to make do.

I turned to my husband in the dream and said "It looks like we are going to have to picth our tent now." I wanted to draw his attention to the need to act soon as I cannot pitch the tent on my own and we were well placed right then to get a good spot.

That was the end of the dream. I did not see how my husband responded but I certainly felt a need to take action.

THE BACKGROUND:In the last few days, not yesterday, my husband and I have been talking about which music festivals we would like to attend in the next few months.

There is one where you have to camp, there is no other option as it is located in a town that doesn't even have a shop it is that small.

For me that event is the raw material for the dream. The underlying issue is my concern that my husband and I are older now and we may need to make our pitch in the music industry now or we will not get a good spot.

The fact that my husband does not respond in the dream suggests to me this is a concern I have that my husband doesn't share.

Thats the dream in a nutshell.
-----------------------------------------------------
Iceberg rose (POSTED August 10, 2011, 17: 3: 02)
I finally got to share this dream with my husband and he immediatley recognised the meaning down to who the family was that pitched their tent. As he shared what he got from my dream in my mind the identity of this family come into focus and I could see their faces with my minds eye. I couldn't before.

After a long discussion that carried over a day or more we made a decision on how to proceed on our personl musical journey. The family pitching their tent on our playing field had un- nerved us but now we are back onto our own tracks again and will pitch our tent at the time and place we determine is right for us rather than be hurried into something we are not comfortable with. The dream had done it job by providing us with an image that showed us the problem so we could see it from a more objective point of view.REPLY
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

PONDS: -Have you been stuck inside your own emotions?
-Have you been questioning something deeply?
-Have your emotions been stuck and stagnant recently?

For more information read here Pond dreams

People in dreams

Music in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z