DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Swimming in a pool with frogs
POSTED February 6, 2012, 00:01 by Jillw06 (Viewed 786 times)

THE DREAM : I was in a swimming pool that was pretty dirty and then I started noticing there were frogs in it. I wanted to get out but I was afraid of the frogs and every direction I could go there was a frog. I was swimming to the edge then I felt a frog on my right shoulder and I started flailing to get it off me and actually moved in my bed and woke myself up.

THE BACKGROUND:I have been suffering from a bad bout of depression. Yesterday I was reading some self help books about depression and thinking about what I could do to get out of it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED February 6, 2012, 09: 1: 13)
Always try to see how a dream could depict your thoughts. Here its obvious to see what your thoughts are.

Dreams are often about our assessements about how things are going. I see the links between this dream and reality... you are striving to get out of this depression but cannot. I think the frogs represent your frustrations.. you are trying hard reading self help books but in practice this is not working out as best you hoped... dreams will represent these key feelings ... wondering how you can cope with problems.. and how you achieve a solution
Storm (POSTED October 6, 2013, 04: 7: 08)

Your dream. It's an old story, but what do you think of frogs and princes? Perhaps you are depending on/hoping for a metamorphosis, for you to be transported to another perception, to see someone or a situation in a redeeming way (as the frog into a prince).

The dirty pool is something that you are voluntary swimming in, are aware of its unpleasantness, yet the frog, its natural inhabitant is repugnant, and you flip it off.

Perhaps you are in a difficult place and are waiting for something/someone else to change, when it is you, your perception which needs to alter.

x
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

SWIMMING: Dream symbols reflect reality so there is something about swimming which makes a point about your own feelings. Swimming involves great effort and energy. Remember that dreams are about your emotions so think of ways in which you have been putting lots of effort and energy into emotional projects. Have you realised that you need to change? Have you been investing lots of emotional energy in a project. Have you been very frustrated emotionally? Thoughts and intuitions like this could have triggered your dream.

For more information read here Swimming in dreams

Swimming pool in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z