DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME
POSTED January 19, 2012, 15:04 by Iceberg Rose (Viewed 580 times)

THE DREAM : First I feel up then I feel down. This dream is a downside dream.

I was in my own home as I am now and by chance was looking after children who were there but I am not sure how.

Their mothers arrived and I was glad they had come because I had been caring for the children till I found out what would happen. When the mothers came one mother was was scrutinizing everything and kept making comments about what didn’t meet her expectations. She was looking into things that I hadn’t looked into for years and I felt her disapproval.

I was uncomfortable because I didn’t ask for the children to be there I just found them there and was doing my best to care for them till a better way forward could be found. I tried to put this to the scrutinizing mother but her critique of my home and way of doing things continued.

A doctor was called to see one of the children. In the meantime the scrutinizing mother found a baby in an old school suitcase that dated back to the 1960;s. I had put it there and forgotten about it. I was sure it had to be dead by now as it had been more than two years since I had done so but it was alive and in terrible condition.

The doctor was compassionate and asked me to call UNICEF so the baby could be given compassionate care till it died but I forgot what he said when I got to the phone and had to go back and ask him again. I felt so ashamed of my incompetence and inadequacy. My memory was letting me down.

The dream closed with me holding dirty washing looking at a wall where a door once used to be. I had to find another way out of the building to get to the washing machine which was in a laundry building outside. I felt so inadequate.

THE BACKGROUND:I am working on personal paperwork I have neglected and am finding it a lot harder than I expected. I have found unpresented cheques going back more than 10 years with a value of some $400.00 and a number of prescriptions I never got filled. I have no idea why I filed things the way I did and cannot fully recall the time this paperwork deals with.

Some of the ways I put things brings back flashes of memory but I know by the referral letters to doctors I also found I was pretty sick at the time. I just wasn’t functioning and did not follow up the referrals.

The me I am finding in my paper work is a me I am finding it difficult to relate too. I can hardly recognize her. Writing up my dreams helps me confront this kind of truth about myself.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED January 19, 2012, 16: 4: 45)

Thats another fascinating dream. Its amazing how critical our dream self can be. We are our own worst critic as we fail to live up to the standards that we expect of ourselves. Your dream shows you acting in a way which you dislike. You are probably not as bad as you feel but its good that we can pick fault with ourselves. Thats the only way that we can improve
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

DEATH: Death is often used in a quite abstract way in dreams. If you no longer see an ex boyfriend or girlfriend then if they die in a dream it may simply mean that you realise that you will never see them again(the relationship has DIED!). It may also symbolise a change in your life as are no longer able to do something (If you have a bad knee you can no longer play football so that part of you has died). Dreams are often like short plays and the emotions that they evoke could be feelings that you are experiencing right now. If a dear friend or loved one died then you would be devastated. That just may be your minds way of saying that you really value that person - you could not live without them.

For more information read here Death dreams

BABIES: Dream symbols tap into situations which have similar emotions. What emotions do you associate with babies? A baby takes a lot of care and attention and so can represent a thought such as "I am really enjoying this new project and I am putting in a lot of effort". So babies can represent positive emotions as we are trying to nurture something or someone in our lives. But babies can also be seen as a burden which we are having to put lots of resources into.

For more information read here Baby dreams

PETS: Dream symbols often deal with certain themes in our lives. A pet is often a symbol of very dear friends who make a fuss about us. So if you have been thinking how special someone has been treating you then your dream may simply represent that theme. Dreams often deal with opposites so a dream with pets in could also link to some worries that a friend has not been as dear and supportive as you expected.

For fuller explanation of pets in dream then read here - Pets in dreams

Schools in dreams

Suits in dreams

MOTHERS: Understanding dreams is often quite easy. Actually dreams symbols can be directly translated in certain words and their meanings are easily understood by reading an ordinary dictionary. Mothers can represent the words and phrases "Welcoming", "reassuring", "helping", "needing closure", "being sensible", "worries", and "taking time". Try to see how your real life thoughts feature words like this and you will start to gain an insight into what the meaning of the dream is. For instance if you were warmly welcomed thed ay before then your mind has been noting this warm welcome - we constantly think over how people react to us. Such dreams don't have much of a meaning (in fact most dreams do not have meanings that help us) - they just represent day processing in the mind.

For other meanings of mothers in dreams click here - Mothers in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z