DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - A DOING STUFF DREAM
POSTED August 7, 2011, 19:07 by iceberg rose (Viewed 731 times)

THE DREAM : I havn't got a lot of time this morning so I will be brief. In this dream I was very active. I was learning how to fly a plane and took a solo flight. In the terminal building I was talking to lots of different people, some I did not like at all, and some I quite enjoyed. At one point I was sitting at a round table drinking coffee and eating with a male friend. I was laughing.

At another point I got very angry with a lady in this dream and we got into an argument of sorts. I just decided to pour warm water from the washing up sink down over her head and told her to relax and enjoy the warm water running over her head. She stood up after the experience quite miffed she was now in wet clotehes and did not understand what I had done for her. "Some people" I said to myself quite amused and her lack of insight into herself in relation to others.

I also had a discussion with the cleaning lady as I was keen to help her but she looked perplexed and so I said -I guess your the cleaning lady so its your job to clean and laughed. The cleaning lady was not engaged with my humour so I laughed again to myself. My eyes were twinkling with mirth.

I am sharing this dream because in it I am moving and talking like I do in real life. I am very engaged with the dream characters as entities in their own right and let them be who they are. I also let myself be and do what I feel like doing so my dream censors that monitor my dream behaviour are not active in this dream.

I found it quite liberating. For many years I have been an observer in my dreams and not an active participant. This dream cements the changes in my dreams since I jumped off the collapsing bridge in a dream I had in June. I am sure my brain is now functioning better that it was and it is working for me now. This is pleasing for me.

THE BACKGROUND:My work project is very active right now and I am engaging with a lot of different staff. The lady I poured the dishwater over is a co worker and an aspect of my own self. I do wish she would just relax as she gets me all keyed up and I don't want to be like that. My dream me did just what I would like to do in reality.

Flying the plane is an expression of me learning to drive the project I am working on. I feel confident I can do the work and can fly solo within the skill range I have.

The cup of coffee with a friend is a recollection of how nice it was to stop and have a coffee with my husband in the shopping mall yesterday. It was a happy experience.

This dream is showing me my expereince of reality can change when I change my focus. It is a helpful dream to myself.

In this dream I was embarissed I had made so much mess for the cleaning lady to deal with so I wanted to help her do her job. However to her it was just what she was paid for so I should not mind so much. In reality I do mind if I cause others more work than is their due.

This is the key message in this dream. In reality contingencies are made for the gaps in the work flow where people do not complete their allocated tasks or create a mess for someone else to clean up. The dream is telling me to relax about the things I am not doing well as in this workplace there are already contingency plans for this eventuality.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 8, 2011, 05: 1: 54)
Thanks for another illuminating interpretation. We dream about work and our emotions surrounding it. You seem to be dealing with your own limitations. In this case its a very good attitude to take. Its her job to clean. Thats how the organisation works. You are taking a less pesonal and more pragmatic stance on your own limitations. Thats certainly how the mind works... its spots problems and decides how to solve these and also decides what emotional standpoint we should have.REPLY
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

ANGER: Emotions are often easy to understand in dreams. Try to see how that emotion could represent recent feelings - especially from the day before. If you are bottling emotions up it may show that you are feeling frustrated. Indeed you may have no way of showing frustration... if you are working in a job where it is innapropriate to show any frustrations. Dreams can be an outlet for general frustrations. If you feel a resentment that people are not showing you the respect youdeserve then thaat could be wht triggered the dream. Dreams with anger in need not be about you. Did you see someone else very angry the day before? It maybe a dream about you trying to understand someone elses point of view.

For more information read here Anger in dreams

BRIDGE: Dream symbols can be very abstract in their meaning. Bridges are barriers which are difficult to cross and so can link to any barriers which are stopping you personally moving forward. Bridges could represent any life changes right now. It can simply be your minds way of saying you have reached a crucial point in some way. Think of ways in which you have been trying to change - have you been trying to sort out problems? These are the day to day ways in which bridges represent the need to cross over - by changing or tranforming.

For more information read here Bridge dreams

AIRPLANE: Logically speaking - what could planes symbolise. They are high in the sky where we get a good view. They move quickly and so could be associated with things that we want to get done quickly. Studies of dreams have shown that airplanes could be linked to our ambitions. So if you are thinking through long term goals then that could be what has triggered your dream. If you have set yourself some new priorities or you have been thinking about what you want to concentrate on then that could also have triggered the dream. In both cases you are trying to rise above day to day life and trying to get things done quickly.

For more information read here Airplane dreams

JUMP: -Have you been thinking about some change which you need to make?
-Did someone act decisively yesterday?
-Do you feel under pressure at the moment?
-Have you just radically changed your view on something?
-Did someone act very hastily yesterday?

For more information read here Jumping in dreams

People in dreams

Music in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z