DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Vampirism
POSTED February 3, 2012, 09:05 by Gypsyroving (Viewed 694 times)

THE DREAM : My dream last night was about vampires. First, let me assure you that I have no obsession with vampires. I don't read or watch Twilight or any of the other vamp stories out there. As such, I take the vampire scenario as purely symbolic in this dream, and not influenced by any outside sources.

I dreamed I saw a vampire (male) collapse from starvation. I will admit I'm a total bleeding heart when it comes to anything in distress, and true to form, ran to help him.

So, of course, this sounds like a 14 year old girl's fantasy, but the next thing I know I'm waking up and finding I had sacrificed myself for the dying vampire and was now one myself. I wasn't thrilled about it. I wanted to go and hide somewhere away from people, and headed for a forest I saw on the horizon. Somehow, though, I ended up walking through a heavily populated Downtown area, and I couldn't take a step without bumping into people. I seriously just wanted to get away before they realized I was a monster and turned on me. Behind me I saw a large man following me, and knew he was chasing me. When he caught up with me he pulled out (of all things) a pencil to stab me with, and I grabbed it away and stabbed him with it and ran.

The man I saved at the beginning was there too, kind of flitting in and out of the crowd, but I knew if I were in real trouble, he would repay my kindness by helping me out.

THE BACKGROUND:Yesterday, my world kind of exploded. A kindness I did for someone else, which even at the time was a huge sacrifice for myself, has backfired on me and literally changed every plan my family and I had for our future. In a very real sense, everything I thought life would be when I woke up yesterday was dead by the time I went to bed, and I realize that I must now approach life from a completely different angle, even though it scares me half to death. Nevertheless, I truly believe that in the end I will be safe and protected, because a good and sacrificial action cannot possibly be repaid with bad. And therein, I suppose, lies the definition of this dream
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED February 4, 2012, 10: 6: 41)

This is a wonderful dream to study. We know that it definitely links to this major issue that you mention. It deals with all similar themes.. in much the way that a parable or story has real relevance for our lives.

Most dreams show the diedction of our thinking. What could this dream deal with... I think it captures these thoughts...

VAMPIRE: You have suddenly come into a darker world ... one of evil... a good turn has turned bad ... it feels like you have been bitten by a vampire

YOU BECOME VAMPIRE: Why do you become a vampire... maybe you feel drawn into this darker world of bad feelings... you have been bitten by bad feelings and inevitably get drawn into resentments...

YOU BELIEVE IN GOODNESS: This is a good sign. It shows that you are not changing your own outlook... even though this has backfired you are intent of being good again even though this has left you with a few resentments..

many dreams deal with basic themes like this... should you be kind and considerate - thats one feature in your personality that you do not want to change
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

BLOOD: Dreams often symbolize current emotions so ask yourself what blood could mean. Blood and wounds can symbolize painful issues so think what caused you pain in an emotional sense. Do you feel depressed right now? Have you just broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend? Did someone upset you or humiliate you yesterday? Feelings like this could have triggered a dream. One dream about rape was actually triggered by a family meeting the day before. The dreamer was belitted by her sister in law - she felt that she had to stand there and take it as she subtly humiliated her.

For more information read here Blood dreams

DEATH: Death is often used in a quite abstract way in dreams. If you no longer see an ex boyfriend or girlfriend then if they die in a dream it may simply mean that you realise that you will never see them again(the relationship has DIED!). It may also symbolise a change in your life as are no longer able to do something (If you have a bad knee you can no longer play football so that part of you has died). Dreams are often like short plays and the emotions that they evoke could be feelings that you are experiencing right now. If a dear friend or loved one died then you would be devastated. That just may be your minds way of saying that you really value that person - you could not live without them.

For more information read here Death dreams

GRABBING: -Have you got lots of unused energy right now?
-Do you feel unsettled or unhappy right now?
- Do you feel pressured?
- Have you just shown massive determination and resolve? Do you want to show more resolve?

For more information read here Grabbing dreams

People in dreams

Pulled in dreams

DISTRESS: Dreams are about recent feelings. So if you are upset or distressed in a dream then what could that mean. If you look at your own feelings in depth then you may understand what has triggered your dream. One dreamer in the study had been thinking about someone who had been very upset. So the dream was about trying to understand someone elses strong feelings.

There are other meanings related to upset in dreams - Upset in dreams

Vampires in dreams

Music in dreams

MONSTERS: It is possible to understand dreams in reverse. If you are thinking aabout something big the day before then that night any dream you have will be about that issue. One dreamer had a monster dream and the day before she had been thinking about her boyfriend and his out of control views. He had been clearly become monster like in his thinking.

Monsters in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z