DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - My Premonitions
POSTED January 22, 2012, 18:07 by BrandonBanks720 (Viewed 659 times)

THE DREAM : I recently had a dream/nightmare about my younger brothers apartment catching on fire. He was trying to help others get out and in the process he was burned alive. Ironically, with the raging fire it was still very dark and cold outside. I could hear the screams of others but I was unable to render any help. It was as if I was there but nobody could hear or see me. The dream itself was very short and only lasted a minute or so. I woke up terrified and called my brother to see if he was alright. He laughed at my dream and said everything was fine. The very next night the apartments next to his actually caught on fire and some people were hurt. Thank God, no one was seriously injured and the fire department was able to stop the fire. Till this day, my brother thinks I'm crazy and we've never spoken about that night.

THE BACKGROUND:My grandmother has had premonitions her entire life. I can remember on various occasions when she would call me late at night to see if I was OK. Everytime she called I was usually doing something illegal or partying but there was no way she could have known that because she lived hundreds of miles away from me. I started having these dreams or premonitions or whatever you call them after she passed away. Here recently I've been having a reoccurring dream about a ghosts or something that keeps holding me down and trying to suffocate me while whispering Sunday 20 in my ear. I'm not crazy. I'm not taking any illegal drugs and I'm in perfect health. I've had other premonitions since my grandmother passed away and I normally average two or three a year. However, none of them have involved me until now. I was wondering if I should be worried or cautious? I'm able to tell before I go to sleep if I'm going to have a premonition and I've even mentally prepared myself for them by saying to myself "Here we go again" or "It's just a dream". The weird thing is, that I thought people have dreams during the REM sleep which normally occurs about 45 minute's into your sleep. However, I start having these dreams almost immediately as I fall asleep. I know this because I look at the times before I lay down and when I wake up from a dream and it's usually a fifteen minute period.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED January 23, 2012, 02: 1: 12)

I have always believed in premonitions. Your grandmother dreams about you seem more like telepathy. She sensed danger... whilst you were up to no good.

You mention the pressing down dreams. Thats almost certainly sleep paralysis. Its just when we fall asleep... but only halfway. So part of us awake. The part that is awake is terrified ... and the part that is asleep sends us a dream which captures those immediate fears.
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

BURNS: Dreams use symbols as metaphors for recent feelings. The dream symbol groups together similar sets of emotions. So a burnt hand in a dream could be the minds way of saying "I am worried about a very sensitive issue?" Think how burning could be a symbol for your emotions.. think of what happened yesterday and worries about being 'burnt' on the day of the dream.

For more information read here Burn dreams

YELLING: Dreams are metaphors so what do you think yelling could symbiolize in your own emotions. If we speak in a brutal and honest way its almost the same as yelling. It shows we do not care about trying to hide unpleasant truths. Conversely yelling may show that you want to say something and be brutally honest but cannot because of rules or you are just trying to be gentle with people. Yelling can symbolise other frustrations - it could be a metaphor for your attempts to make something clear. You could have explained something a million times yet the message still did not get through. Dreams may not necessarily be about you and so a yelling dream may represent your attempts to understand someones strength of feeling. Understanding other people and being able to get along with them is a vital part of being a human being. Effective communication and the ability to emphasise is something that we need to think about.
For more information read here Shouting dreams

PAIN: Pain is usually about pain in an emotional sense. Dream studies showed one pain dream following on from a day when the dreamer was fiinding it difficult to accept a situation. So the pain was definitely symbolic of emotional pain.

For other meanings of pain in dreams read here Pain in dreams

People in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z