DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - I saw my funeral
POSTED March 31, 2013, 17:07 by anon (Viewed 278 times)

THE DREAM : I was at the front of my church that I have attended for almost 22 years, and was dead laying in a twin bed looking asleep with all white linnens, and a friend of mine and her husband were on stage, he was talking and she was talking about a robe she had made for me, she was crying , and sobbing and saying how much she loved me as a friend, and that she had made this cape for me. The cape was striking red and satin sorta like a red ridding hood type thing, and when I looked again, I was wearing it. Flowers were all around me and lots of people there crying and everyone talking. The red robe was a big deal for some reason....she kept mentioning it and how they had all been working on it to place on me. ?? I was there but not seen in this dream. I don't know why but it has really bothered me a lot, and so I decided to get on here and see if anyone else knows anything about it.

THE BACKGROUND:The couple in my dream are friends of mine. They are our youth pastor and his wife. I am close to them but not super close. The woman is special to me, although much younger than I am. I do not spend a great deal of time with her and hardly any with them as a couple. I do love them and just don't understand why or what this dream means. Someone please help me.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED April 1, 2013, 01: 1: 13)

Dreams are metaphors. When we know what has caused a dream we know how the metaphor works. In this case we have to guess what the metaphor is.

I think its not necessarily a bad dream. I do not think its a bad dream. It maybe about peoples need to appreciate you more. It maybe a dream about you not going to church (yesterday was Easter Sunday). So having a dream about a pastor could be about you been missed in church. Think along those lines. I know we get dreams like these and they scare us. But I do not think this is a premonition
(POSTED August 15, 2016, 23: 1: 11) Edit : Delete

You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

DEATH: Death is often used in a quite abstract way in dreams. If you no longer see an ex boyfriend or girlfriend then if they die in a dream it may simply mean that you realise that you will never see them again(the relationship has DIED!). It may also symbolise a change in your life as are no longer able to do something (If you have a bad knee you can no longer play football so that part of you has died). Dreams are often like short plays and the emotions that they evoke could be feelings that you are experiencing right now. If a dear friend or loved one died then you would be devastated. That just may be your minds way of saying that you really value that person - you could not live without them.

For more information read here Death dreams

People in dreams

DRAMA: Dreams are metaphors for our emotions. So what could a stage represent if it is a symbol for your feelings. Our dream studies featured a dream with a stage which followed on after a very special day. The dream represented the romantic drama which had just occured in the dreamers own life.

Stages in dreams

STEALING: Dreams represent your feelings so what could stealing in dreams be a symbol for. Real studies of drreams have shown that robbery is a symbol for certain emotions and feelings. They tend to link into resentments and feelings of being undervalued. Why is that so? Perhaps we feel robbed of respect by others? Dreams will tend to link into similar sets of emotions in this way. We are comparing what is happening in real life to metaphors that our minds create.

There are other meanings of stealing in dreams: read about them here - Stealing in dreams

Music in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z