DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - birds attacking me
POSTED August 6, 2012, 02:01 by Pyroxene (Viewed 1358 times)

THE DREAM : I was walking down the street where my nan lives. There were stalls, like a fair, and someone behind a stall I've never seen before looked very similar to me. We started dancing to this music playing on a radio and we laughed and joked about how it was great that we had found each other.

I left the stall and walked up these steps with this other friend of mine (never seen before in real life). It was at a really large university and very European/Italian with marble steps and columns etc. We were going to watch some 'art house' movies, but they all turned out to be really poor, dated renditions of novels I've written in real life over the past 10 or so years.

It finished so we left, but everytime I walked outside, seagulls would start to attack me. Everyone knew I was coming because every bird flying in the sky would suddenly turn on me as soon as I was near. I got so sick of it I ran inside and got a butter knife, and people laughed at me but the next time a bird attacked I killed it with the knife. I then spent the rest of the afternoon running around frantically killing birds. After a while it turned into a game, and everytime I killed a bird it would come up like a tally and show a map of the university and how many birds killed in that room/courtyard etc. I felt sad because in real life I love animals and hated myself for killing the birds. I told the original friend that I can't kill a dog, so how can I possibly kill a bird? He told me it was different with birds.

I ran into a toilet block and a bird followed me so I killed it, but I was so angry I punched down all the toilet cisterns and climbed through the roof cavity. I climbed for a couple of floors then got to the top floor, which was this very old toilet block which hadn't been used in about 30 years of an abandoned part of the university. I killed a bird in there, then climbed out the window. Outside I ran up these massive pipes which lead up this steep hill, as if they were coming from a dam or a mine or something. I was exhausted, but I sprinted. The last bird swooped down on me and I killed it, then realied I was at the top of the hill. I turned around and could see the whole city, from the pipes leading down to the toilet block to the courtyard and buildings in the distance. On the hill was a couple of trees and a man I didn't recognise. He stood up slowly and asked if I was ok, and he seemed to know me. He said it was all a challenge and I had passed.

THE BACKGROUND:I have been dreaming of birds attacking me since the start of the year. I usually don't have recurring dreams like this, but in all my past bird dreams I have died.

A few things going on in my life:

1.Finishing uni at the end of the year and i don't know what to do, where to work or anything when I finish. I'm worried I'll hate my job and end up alone (I'm single) in a terrible job in a city away from my friends.

2. I share a house with someone i don't really like and have done since the start of the year. I used to love him but he never reciprocated and I thought I was over him, but wasn't when we moved in. He annoyingly has to know where I am and what I do 24/7 but I hate it and I'm not his girlfriend but he's very controlling. He impinges on my privacy and freedom a lot. Lately I've been keeping my emotional distance and trying not to let him push me around.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 6, 2012, 09: 1: 25)

I try to link dreams to real life issues. Emotional thoughts and issues are played out in a way which seemed unrelated to real life.

You mention this guy you live with. He wants to know everything that you do. I can kind of see how that issue is being played out here with seagulls snapping away at you.

How do you react to him if he gets too annoying?

I read this bit "He said it was all a challenge and I had passed."

Do you feel as if this guy is testing you out? Thats maybe a link
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

TOILETS: Dreams often use symbols which in some way capture a similar emotion. If you are in a toilet its a private and personal matter and something that you like to keep hidden. A toilet dream could be your minds way of saying "I felt vulnerable yesterday as I felt some very private emotions in front of people who I barely know."

For more information read here Toilet dreams

ANGER: Emotions are often easy to understand in dreams. Try to see how that emotion could represent recent feelings - especially from the day before. If you are bottling emotions up it may show that you are feeling frustrated. Indeed you may have no way of showing frustration... if you are working in a job where it is innapropriate to show any frustrations. Dreams can be an outlet for general frustrations. If you feel a resentment that people are not showing you the respect youdeserve then thaat could be wht triggered the dream. Dreams with anger in need not be about you. Did you see someone else very angry the day before? It maybe a dream about you trying to understand someone elses point of view.

For more information read here Anger in dreams

TREES: Dreams symbolism can have some quite abstract meanings. Studies have shown that trees can represent someone or something who is highly important to you. But why? Maybe its because people who are important to you are 'deeply rooted' in your emotions. Perhaps you have been thinking through such major changes in your life.

For more information read here Tree dreams

DOGS: If dreams symbolise our thoughts and feelings then what could dogs represent? A dog is devoted and loyal and is often described as man's best friend. So a dog generally means that the theme of loyalty or lack of it has been on your mind. Try to find the link. Did someone really stick by you yesterday? Did you expect more loyalty from someone yesterday?

For more information read here Dog dreams

FINISH: What does it mean if you are finishing something in a dream? Well think of the wider appplications of that theme. Have you been thinking how long something has taken to complete? Do you feel totally unprepared for something? (so you worry that something is unlikely to be completed. Do you need to try harder in some way? (so something is more likely to be completed).

For more information read here Finish dreams

KILLED OR MURDERED: Dreams tap into similar sets of emotions and so what exactly does murder involve. Firstly, it involves strong emotions so its likely that a dream with murder in reveals your strong negative feelings about someone. Dream studies have shown that murder dreams involve strong negative feelings towards someone or something. It can link to someone who you really dislike - someone who you want out of your life. Murrder can also be a symbol for your rsistance towards something. You want to cut it out of your life!

For more information read here Murdering dreams

SADNESS: Emotions in dreams are often very easy to understand. Simply try to trace that emotion yesterday. Did you feel really sad about something yesterday? It may have been only a fleeting moment as you realised that you miss someone or somewhere. Dreams often just note emotions. A dream about sadness may not necessarily be about you. You may have realised someones sadness yesterday and that could have triggered your dream. Dreams are not just about you - they are about all the people you care about and even random people if their lives touch your emotions.

For more information read here Sadness dreams

CITIES:
For more information about towns and cities in dreams read here

ABANDON:
-Are you feeling powerless?
-Do you feel disregarded? Rejected? Ignored?
- Do you feel as if things are not going right?
-Do you feel guilty that you are not giving someone enough attention?

Art in dreams

People in dreams

Sky in dreams

Suddenly in dreams

Streets in dreams

Colleges and Universities in dreams

Music in dreams

Movies in dreams

Maps in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z