DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Reaccurring dream of terror inside my house
POSTED May 12, 2013, 20:07 by kaytmasterson (Viewed 355 times)

THE DREAM : I am always inside what is to be "My house". Inside there is the living space with the typical 3 or 4 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom, etc. But then there is also another section of the house that a) we either know is there and we don't go or b) I stumble upon and discover it and find that our humble home is in fact, huge. When I explore the rooms I find lots of the things that I assume the previous owners have left behind. But there is no dust or cobwebs and no sign of aging. Everything is clean and organized. It's a very inviting place to be, and I look over the items in the rooms to see what I would like to take with me. I even consider moving into the larger part of the house (in some of my dreams), but then something happens. It comes as a feeling of dread over me. I don't see it, but I know there is some kind of darkness, some kind of nameless terror that lives there. And I know that somehow the reason that all of there things are wonderful and untouched is because it wants it that way, like a trap. I run for the doorway that brought me to this extension of my house, because for some reason whatever this is that is coming for me can't pass through the doorway. - In some dreams, the "nameless terror" will take shape of some kind. It can look like a person or a thing or an animal of some kind. It can take the shape of anything it chooses, I know that is fact inside my head. I know that the person I see is not a ghost, it's not the "terror" eitherr, it's just a representive of the evil that lives there. Sometimes I know that I shouldn't go there, but I go anyway. It's okay for awhile and then I feel it. It's coming for me. It's not a chase scene as I run from it because it inhabits the whole space. Sometimes I'm not alone, there are other people with me, and they want to go there for some reason. I try to warn them, but they won't believe me. So I go with them in the hopes that maybe I am wrong, ...but deep down inside I know that I'm not. And they always find that out in the end.

THE BACKGROUND:I am mother of 2. I have been having this kind of dream for about 7 or 8 years. Like I tried to explain, it's different everytime but the premise is still the same. I always reconize the villan. I almost feel as if we should be old friends now. But I'm still not any closer to understanding what "it" is or what it wants from me. These are the most frightening dreams that I've ever had, because of this "terror" that has no face, and no body - and is so familar to me now. Please help me to understand what this is all about.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 19, 2013, 02: 7: 46)

Hi

Most dreams represent real feelings - many dreams will translate into thought processes like "I did not want to offend him. He likes to do things his own way".

The way I interpret dreams is to look at my own key intuitions. You might even write them down - eg quotes like "I think my foot is getting better" or "he never listens to me" or "I am really enjoying work right now"

Its likely that dreams represent key feelings and a dream is a symbolic representation of that very thought. It maybe that a dream is linked to how the mind stores key feelings.

If you know the types of things that cause dreams then you can guess what intuition has caused a dream.

In this case we cannot guess easily. Next time you have the dream try to think of these key intuitions on your mind at the time of the dream.

We can have a guess though. Houses can represent the self. But big houses are very interesting. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that huge houses are symbolic not of the self but of issues where our personality comes up against the personality of others. Such dreams may link to how we are trying to encourage others or to issues where others are forcing us to adapt our personality (pressure put upon us).

In the dream the previous householder wants things to remain the same. So maybe the dream is about you fighting stubbornness and conservatism. Your personality is coming up against theirs and you are battling to get things your own way.
(POSTED August 24, 2016, 00: 3: 36) Edit : Delete

You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

DEMONS and DEVILS: Dreams represent your thoughts and people around you. So think of the wider meanings of devils and demons. Perhaps you have realised how bad you were yesterday? Or someone wwas really evil and picked on you yesterday? Some dreams about devils have been found to have been triggered by your worries about teenage sons who have been getting into some bad habits and you feel they have been led astray

For more information read here Demon dreams

People in dreams

Space in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z