DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Feeling people's emotions, "waking up," seeing ghost and hearing mothe
POSTED August 24, 2011, 04:03 by val (Viewed 534 times)

THE DREAM : I was sleeping in my bed and heard my neighbors getting home late. I feel as though I can feel their emotions, like I'm standing in their shoes and suddenly begin to get a lower spasm in my left side, which I think is Megan's, the girl next door. I groan and try to lessen the pain by pushing my hands in a downward motion. I then shift my thoughts to the bird perched in the shadows on the branch in front of my room to ignore the pain and instead focus on it's emotions, but can't. I feel my sister in the room next to me and grab my head because I don't want to feel anymore. I finally open my eyes and look out in front of me to see a ghost, a flashing light and then a small white ball floating in front of me. I sit up in my bed, but cannot move nor speak, so just watch the ghost, flashing. I begin thinking, "I deserve to speak, I have a right to speak. No, no, no, no, no..." and feel that I can move again, so run out of my room to my mother's room where I see her saying, "No, no, no, no.." and crawl into bed with her, eventually feeling comfort, whereupon I awake.

THE BACKGROUND:My father is 81 and I'm afraid he may die. I don't feel like "I'm being ignored," so I really don't know why I'd be dreaming about ghosts. I just recently got a job and I am enjoying myself, but am afraid of crashing my car. I am also afraid that some future plans may not go smoothly as I'd hoped, but don't really see why as I've been working steadily towards achieving said goals. Thanks for reading : )
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 24, 2011, 07: 3: 24)
Dreams tend to associate with real life in many little ways. If you do not understand a dream then try making little associations.

eg Try thinking about this quote "I deserve to speak, I have a right to speak. No, no, no, no, no..." what does that make you think of. Think very laterally?

Did you speak to your mother the day before the dream? If you did then its quite possible that the dream is about that.

from what you mention the dream maybe about your worries that your father could die ... in which case getting into bed with her for comfort may link-----------------------------------------------------
Val (POSTED August 26, 2011, 18: 5: 50)
I was thinking about it and I think that quote has to do with this article I was reading about Ghandi the night before, lol. As a matter a fact, I didn't talk to my mother at all the day before.. I was mostly worried about what the bird was doing in my dream.. I read that it was a bad omen? Anyways, I figured the dream didn't have much of a "meaning" behind it. Just strung along with a bunch of thoughts. Thanks again for responding : )-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 28, 2011, 04: 7: 32)
Dreams are about everything that runs through our minds. If you watch a Film the night before then it evokes certain emotions in you. How you react to things like that defines the type of person that you are and that changes through time. So the dream represents something small like that. You are right that the dream, probably does not mean much but dreams like that fascinate me.-----------------------------------------------------
Moonstone (POSTED September 20, 2011, 21: 2: 20)
I interpret a different feeling from this dream. Even though you say it doesn't pertain to any exact events, I beg to differ. Your sooo full of worry in your real everyday life- from your parents & aging, Future plans...... all the way to....... crashing your car!

Your dream is full of worry, constantly distracting actions, a chain of events all anxiety ridden. Your fearing fear itself with no real dangerous situations or events harming anything. Just the big "WHAT IF"!

The flash of light turning into a small floating white ball is NOT a ghost. Ghosts aren't white like Casper or flash and glow into a ball of light.It's an orb. Orbs are good energy spirits, they illuminate your life & light your paths, angelic light. I see them trying to get your attention to help you. Your running away from the light that's so desperately trying to communicate to you as your saying no no no no,jumping in bed with your mother who was also saying no no no no. I think your mom is over careful & fearful & handed her worries down to you, unknowingly. That's y she was also fearing the light of the unknown. It wasn't scarey or pitch black, then you found comfort. Your so fearful that your missing out on life. Your frantic, always full of worry & fear. So much that it continues into your dreams. Life is about rolling with the punches & how well we cope with the ups & downs. We do our best, we carve our destinies & plan for retirement. We all envision a clean path to the future, but the spice of life is all about the obstacles that challenge us off the beaten path, forming us to become more than we imagine, more than just safe. I feel your sister isn't much help presently, but she may keep her fears to herself making it harder to get on her feet. You both may be very sheltered and over protected & loved very much, to a fault, afraid to live because you fear unknown territory & fear the WHAT IF factor knowing the inevitable living life without your parents. You should try to become closer with your sister, she was in your dream for a reason. Maybe you can both concentrate on "feeling GOOD emotions" together, become closer as your parents near their final destination. It's hard to imagine living without the people we cared for & deeply love & loved. We have no control over how long anyone will live for. Life is cruel at times, almost unfathomable, but your parents will want you to be happy & find a life just as they once had to seek for themselves. They once had a different way of life before they had to build a nest & have children. The bird you tried to focus on was healthy & unharmed, though full of emotion, your anxiety filled emotion. The orb is gods light, sending you clear messages not to be afraid.

The big WHAT IF, your future plans don't happen? Your possibly meant to take a detour, not by chance. That's ok too, no matter where u are you will always be protected. Also, Embrace the events that don't work in your favor. Maybe you wouldn't have met certain significant role models or friends & lovers if your life didn't change it's course. Fear of crashing your car? Everyone has the same fear! Are you surprised? That's why we all try to stay in our own lanes, pay attention not to hit other cars, with or without insurance! Instead of relying on fear itself, try relying on your own driving skills. Always be alert & look over your shoulder when changing lanes, don't just rely on your mirrors. Practice the fear away. Do the things you fear the most & feel victorious, feel alive, really alive. YOU make it happen. Don't run from things any more. Be confident & ready to face the big WHAT IF. Afterwards the big WHAT IF won't look so big and scarey anylonger!! The feeling is indescribable to surrender your fears by conquering them one at a time. It's something to do & better than being bored. It's YOUR life now live it!

The orbs will help light your way.

Did u ever think, WHAT IF you were saying no no no no & still confronted the ball of light, what message it would have blessed you with? Try being more trusting, more spiritual. Learning about religion can help see you throughout life, knowing your spiritual body has no boundries, no borders, no fear. Oh yes, yes, yes!!!!!REPLY
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

PAIN: Pain in dreams can have a very simple meaning. It can simply show that you are feeling pain right there and then during the dream. Often such dreams will feature pain in exactly the same place as the pain in real life. Such dreams may not have much of a meaning as you are feeling uncomfortable in sleep. Dreams often represent emotions so what could a pain symbolise in your own feelings. Perhaps you feel a sense of loss? Maybe you were just upset last night? Maybe you just had a hard time emotionally yesterday?

For more information read here Pain dreams

GRABBING: -Have you got lots of unused energy right now?
-Do you feel unsettled or unhappy right now?
- Do you feel pressured?
- Have you just shown massive determination and resolve? Do you want to show more resolve?

For more information read here Grabbing dreams

PAIN: Pain is usually about pain in an emotional sense. Dream studies showed one pain dream following on from a day when the dreamer was fiinding it difficult to accept a situation. So the pain was definitely symbolic of emotional pain.

For other meanings of pain in dreams read here Pain in dreams

Pushed in dreams

Shoes in dreams

Shops in dreams

SISTERS: What are dream symbols and how d they work? Well think about sisters in real life. Sisters tallk openly and honestly and so a sister could tap into a situation where you have been talking openly and honestly with someone. Or they could represent a wish and need to have such a conversation - a need too let off steam.

Sisters in dreams

Suddenly in dreams

MOTHERS: Understanding dreams is often quite easy. Actually dreams symbols can be directly translated in certain words and their meanings are easily understood by reading an ordinary dictionary. Mothers can represent the words and phrases "Welcoming", "reassuring", "helping", "needing closure", "being sensible", "worries", and "taking time". Try to see how your real life thoughts feature words like this and you will start to gain an insight into what the meaning of the dream is. For instance if you were warmly welcomed thed ay before then your mind has been noting this warm welcome - we constantly think over how people react to us. Such dreams don't have much of a meaning (in fact most dreams do not have meanings that help us) - they just represent day processing in the mind.

For other meanings of mothers in dreams click here - Mothers in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z