DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - dark ocean and sharks
POSTED May 28, 2013, 08:02 by Anon (Viewed 335 times)

THE DREAM : Dreamt that I was in a huge turbulent ocean, swimming out to sea with a snorkel, very afraid of sharks; there were huge waves and a few people were behind me, and I was looking back to make sure they were handling it okay. They were fine and were just keeping safe from being pounded by waves. Once I felt they were okay, me and another girl kind of paired up and snorkeled on, and I found strength in her from my fear of sharks, then we saw one, and she was like oh don’t worry, they ignore you, but it turned its head and looked at me and then swam toward me. I swam to this wall (all underwater) and stood on this wall, but it started eating my foot and then slowly up my leg. It was trying to swallow me whole like a snake, but I wasn’t letting it. I was pulling its teeth out of my leg, but it just kept coming more and more up my leg. I was trying to shake him off, but it was so hard. Then, something happened and I was able to get him off, and people came over and were supportive, no blood just slime. I told the girl of my real fear of great white sharks, the big ones, and we decided to go back to shore. We were swimming and it just got so dark and murky. I then saw a dead pig, and then a dead horse, and then I put my head up to shore and saw that all the lights were out and the water was so dark. I wanted out of the water so badly; I was scared of the shark, and also disturbed by the dad animals bodies. When we got to shore, there were detectives there who were asking us to help find the dead bodies of children. My friend walked away and said; I’m not doing that, and so when the detective asked me, I said no way; I realized that I didn’t have to do things people asked of me, but he implored to me. I was about to give in when I awoke. There were other elements that I am forgetting, but all of that stuff really stood out. The shark was pretty small, like one that is in an aquarium.

THE BACKGROUND:I am in the midst of figuring out my relationship with my husband, but I keep wanting to ignore the implications of any major decicions and just wanting things to get better between us. Before I went to bed, I was very disatisfied with how our day had gone. He had been moody and miserable all day (unpacking) and I was very angry by the end of the day. I began to snap at him especially if he purposely ignored me or spoke to me with this apathetic tone. I just wanted him to leave; then he did (to pick up our son) and I could feel that he was sad that we were fighting and trying to pretend it was all okay and that we were this happy family; lets go to the store together. I did it (went to the store, but my heart just wasn't in it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 28, 2013, 16: 2: 35)

Thanks for posting

I always believe that dreams like this are exactly the type of dream that I am interested in most of all. I have always argued that dreams link to recent thoughts so if they do then your situation is perfect for testing this theory out. You could only have had one thing on your mind. The thoughts going through your head about your marriage.

I also firmly believe that dreams represent your conscious thoughts. I do not really believe in the theory of the unconscious as proposed by Freud or Jung.

Well as far as the dream is concerned here are some ideas.

Your dream represents your emotions and assessments about the state of the relationship. Each part of the dream captures a single emotion or thought and together these build your emotional response to the situation.

WHY DID THE GIRL SAY THERE WAS NO REASON TO FEAR SHARKS?

How was this a metaphor for this situation? I think this dream pinpoints a moment within the evening when you felt - "I should tell him how I feel. I should encourage him to speak his mind". Sharks could represent honest and open conversation as we say what we think however much it may offend people. Thats because if you speak openly and honestly then you are leaving yourself vulnerable to attack just like the girl who did not fear the shark.

WHY WAS THERE ALL THE DEAD ANIMALS AND DARKNESS?

well death and darkness does not sound good. It probably represents your feelings of apathy as your heart was really not in it. Your emotions were dead (just like the creatures).

DETECTIVE?

Why the detective? Well we all try to investigate how we feel and wonder why we did something. You were thinking through your own postmortem. Or alternatively was asking questions of you as you agreed to talking openly but ended up walking away.

Overall these three symbols together show that you felt these thoughts - "I wanted be open and honest but when it came to it my heart was cold for him. I had no feelings for him. He wanted to know why I had had agreed to this but I didn't want to participate."

And as the dream says "I didn't have to do things people asked of me, but he implored to me." If you read that quote thats your exact emotions towards this whole situation.
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

SNAKES Many people say that snakes can symbolize negative emotions such as jealousy or resentment. But why? Snakes can strike at any time and their bite is venomous and unpleasant. So a snake could represent someone whose negative comments could strike at any time. Snakes in dreams

SHARKS: Dreams use symbols to express comparable emotions. If you were being chased by a shark then how would you feel? You would be petrified and its something that you would really like to avoid. Ask yourself who you would describe as shark like right now? Have you been worried about hidden dangers?

For more information read here Sharkdreams

BLOOD: Dreams often symbolize current emotions so ask yourself what blood could mean. Blood and wounds can symbolize painful issues so think what caused you pain in an emotional sense. Do you feel depressed right now? Have you just broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend? Did someone upset you or humiliate you yesterday? Feelings like this could have triggered a dream. One dream about rape was actually triggered by a family meeting the day before. The dreamer was belitted by her sister in law - she felt that she had to stand there and take it as she subtly humiliated her.

For more information read here Blood dreams

DEATH: Death is often used in a quite abstract way in dreams. If you no longer see an ex boyfriend or girlfriend then if they die in a dream it may simply mean that you realise that you will never see them again(the relationship has DIED!). It may also symbolise a change in your life as are no longer able to do something (If you have a bad knee you can no longer play football so that part of you has died). Dreams are often like short plays and the emotions that they evoke could be feelings that you are experiencing right now. If a dear friend or loved one died then you would be devastated. That just may be your minds way of saying that you really value that person - you could not live without them.

For more information read here Death dreams

FATHERS: Dream symbols can have several meanings. A father could simply represent your own father so if you have been thinking about him then its likely that the dream is quite literal. But a father could represent father like qualities and pressures. Fathers are famed for being sensible and practical so a father in your dream may mean that you recognise the need to be more realistic.

For more information read here Father dreams

SWIMMING: Dream symbols reflect reality so there is something about swimming which makes a point about your own feelings. Swimming involves great effort and energy. Remember that dreams are about your emotions so think of ways in which you have been putting lots of effort and energy into emotional projects. Have you realised that you need to change? Have you been investing lots of emotional energy in a project. Have you been very frustrated emotionally? Thoughts and intuitions like this could have triggered your dream.

For more information read here Swimming in dreams

TEETH: What could a missing tooth be a metaphor for? Teeth are firmly set in place and extracting thm involves a lot of pain. Often teeth can represent important relationships and ourr worries that these could be ending. Ending such relationships is painful in an emotionl sense. Teeth can also represent places that we are leaving - leaving a job or school leaves a big gap in your life (just like a missing tooth). But teeth drreams can also be very simple in their meaning - it may mean that you are having teeth problems or need to see a dentist.

For more information read here Teeth dreams

People in dreams

Pigs in dreams

HORSES: Often symbols in dreams are directly translated into words in an ordinary dictionary. In the case of horses the dream symbol is linked with the words excitement, exhiliration and risk taking. To understand a dream then you simply see how such words appear in your thoughts right now For instance, if you were thinking "With my new job life will become much more exciting" then a horse in your dream could be a symbol for that new excitement. Dreams can deal with themes and opposites so excitement and risk taking are linked to their opposites dullness and caution. So any dream with a horse could be about assesments about risk taking versus the need for caution. Dreams are often about slight adjustments in our strategies - should we be slightly more cautious? Or should we live dangerously.

Horses in dreams

Pulled in dreams

Shops in dreams

Skin in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z