DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Stranger Earthquake Dream
POSTED August 7, 2011, 17:07 by dollface (Viewed 431 times)

THE DREAM : in the dream, i have woken up after an earthquake has struck. it is the next morning, about a week after moving from chicago to san francisco. the night before, i was sleeping at my boyfriends' place, who lives further north, in the hills, and suffered no damages. we go into san francisco together to get a better idea of what has happened to the house i just moved into. i am living with a high school friend and a post college friend, who occupy the first and second floor of the house. their space was mostly unharmed, save for some photos and trinkets that had fallen off the walls and shelves. my room was the top floor, and when i walk up the spiral staircase to get to it, i feel a very chill breeze. i get to the top of the stairs and half of my room is gone. i no longer have a bed, clothing, plants, or windows. the dream gets fuzzy at this point, as a lot of running around begins to happen, and a lot of crying and panicking. the dream darts forward to night time, and i have somehow found myself subletting an attic for two days, while a band is recording an album on the floor beneath me. they heard about the troubles through mutual friends and decided they wanted to help. my boyfriend is rather apathetic throughout the dream, continually talking about all the work he has to do and how the earthquake has really set him back, how he feels pressured to help me during this crisis. he pulls himself away several times to hop on the computer and do things, in the midst of all the dishevel and chaos surrounding us.

THE BACKGROUND:my boyfriend and i got into a ridiculous argument today that resulted in his decision to call me names and yell at me in the middle of downtown chicago. we've not always been the best at communicating, until today, but we have always done so with kindness. i am scared, and this dream was so intensely lucid, i woke up crying and sweating and screaming.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 8, 2011, 05: 1: 29)

Dreams use symbols to describe your emotions. So this dream portrays how you feel about this issue. Its AS IF AN EARTHQUAKE HAS TAKEN PLACE. It also describes his attitude towards this in his actions in the dream. He acts apathetically. That describes how you feel....(you feel as if he is indifferent to your feelings). Dreams don't really help you they just pinpoint key emotions like this. This dream merely shows what you know already... its as if he has shown you a whole new side to his personality...

-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

EARTHQUAKE: Dreams capture some related meaning of a symbol. An earthquake is a major crisis so it could be your minds way of linking to some situation which is a major crisis. The connection with reality maybe quite obscure though. Earthquakes literally change the face of the world we live in so it may represent some radical alteration in your life. Other meanings maybe quite simple in their origin. I once analysed an earthquake dream and the person had awoken to a huge noise.

For more information read here Earthquake dreams

BOYFRIEND: A dream about your boyfriend will quite often be about your boyfriend. Such dreams will capture new thoughts and feelings as they emerge from your mind. So try to see how any boyfriend dreams represent changes in your feelings?

PANIC: Dream symbols can be very easy to translate into real life. Actually dream dictionaries can have very similar meanings to ordinary dictionaries. Think of the wider meanings and applications of the word panic. You panic because you are unprepared for something. You panic because you want somethng to be just right and you worry that things will go wrong. The dream might refer to the day before as you assess how well or how badly you did. Did you feel as if you didn't know what what to do yesterday? Did you just freeze? Do you feel under pressure? Have people been watching what you do to make sure you get it right? Thes situations are all associated with panic. Real dream studies have shown unusual meanings of panic. It may simply show that you feel unsettled. The story in your dream may seem totally unrelated to the real situation where you felt panic. But that is how dreams work. Panic in dreams links in some way with ordinary day to day situations where we feel panic.

For more information read here Panic dreams North in dreams

Plants in dreams

Pressure in dreams

Pulled in dreams

Schools in dreams

Space in dreams

Stairs in dreams

Surrounding in dreams

Colleges and Universities in dreams

Music in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z