DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - To unclesirbobby
POSTED April 13, 2012, 21:05 by (Viewed 483 times) Edit post

-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED April 14, 2012, 00: 6: 54)

Hello

Your right it is my site. I tend to be the only person posting. Iceberg Rose posts occasionally and I encourage others to post their views.

I do prefer to answer dreams via the forum. I am trying to collect dreams which are understood. From these I base the dream dictionary.

Some people post enough information to allow a complete interpretation. So its not a total waste of time.

Some people can post their dreamsand on the right hand side they will see links to symbols that appear in the dream. So that can help them.

UncleSirBobby
Shmazzle (POSTED April 14, 2012, 10: 6: 50)

Well, it was worth a shot. I am sort of disappointed but I think I may have said this wrong. I would post my dreams on the website like everyone else, I just wanted you, and you alone, to know more about my way of thinking. My views are under spoken and exotic. The first dream I posted about the snake: it may seem like I gave more than enough information for others to realize the difference between my perspective and other perspectives on the snake. But this is not true. Not to say that your interpretation didn't mean anything. In fact, self acceptance has been a real issue for me since I was a child.

So in fact, that alone had gotten me to reconsider my perceived meaning of that dream.

I hope you reconsider.

also, can you tell me why when I post something, it's all double spaced and taking up all of this room? I would appreciate that, it is quite irritating.
Iceberg rose (POSTED April 15, 2012, 04: 7: 48)

Iceberg Rose Here - there is an advantage to a public forum over a private discourse I like and commend myself. It keeps the discourse open to scrutiny and protects the participants to a degree from unhealthy transference and counter transference.

I am a regular reader here and have at times posted daily dreams because I love the automatic dream interpretation that pops up when I post. I often agree with the interpretation on the side so it enhances my self confidence.

At times I can suffer severe anxiety. I dream more when I am very anxious. Reading the dreams and interprtations here is very encourageing for me and I believe it is the same for others who dream often.

This is a dream forum so it is not about psychotherapy. Private discourse runs the danger of being too close to a therapaeutic relationship.

This forum doesn't pretend to be theraputic but rather an exploration and sharing of what seems to be common symbols. I agree with Uncle Sir Bobby's appraoch and that is why I support this site. I am sure he has his own intersts in certain types of dreams but this resource can be used by others with their own interst in dreams.

I am also interested in common symbols and wonder about the socio cultural context of dreams. This site has a commonwealth of dreams approach to dreams that is congruent with my ideas on open source dreaming to coin a phrase.

You can test your own ideas here but in public on the forum. I am am sure there are other readers here like me. I only post a reply to others dreams if I feel really moved to. I often hope others would do the same as I have seen a lot of kindness shown here I appreciate.
Unclesirbobby (POSTED April 16, 2012, 02: 1: 06)

Hi

Well the double spacing issue annoys me too. I even built a little program to get rid of these double spacing. I do not truly know what causes this. When you are writing your posts do you press enter when you reach the end of the box... it will wrap itself around.

If you are cutting and pasting from somewhere else then that has caused the problems. There are problems with Ipads and Apples. Do you use one of these?

I don't like to get too much into psychology and therapy. I do spend time doing interpretations and I like it all to be open so that others can gain from the whole process.

I do not have enough time left to answer dreams by email. I have hundreds of dreams on this site all showing how dreams are analysed and understood and how they link to real life. Try reading the posts of Iceberg Rose and you will also gain knowledge about how to understand dreams. Its a practical skill.

If you want to post the dreams and post some background info also then I will answer them. If you want to then go into greater detail then feel free to email me... the email is the same as the email notification.

I read your snake dream again. I think that dreams can sometimes detect changes in your mood. So if your dream was euphoric then thats possibly what it was about... your dream mind detected chnages in your mood and so its about that. It simply represents some strong emotions that you felt during sleep. The dream does not cause this mood... it simply reflects the euphoria welling up inside you
Shmazzle (POSTED April 16, 2012, 07: 1: 46)

Thanks Bobby, but it seems another player is against that ideal. I will try as hard as I can to post the info needed for one to see a possible relevance. Like I said, I never intend to actually discuss my dreams over email, just views. I, like iceberg, suffer from anxiety and certain subjects bring this up and sometimes my dreams are associated. I will try to ignore my own request to you but to be perfectly clear, I was not looking for a helping hand in my life. Words over the internet couldn't heal a tarnished soul such as mine so I wouldn't even try. Those who suffer from panic and bipolar disorders like myself can relate to not discussing touchy subjects as this can effect the rest of my day.

Thank you for your response and I look forward to hearing an up to date dream from either you or icerberg to work out my interpretation skills.

Oh, and Bobby, I find that if I edit my post and backspace at every beginning line, it works out.REPLY
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z