DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Always chased & hopeless
POSTED June 16, 2012, 07:06 by andyk23 (Viewed 212 times)

THE DREAM : As far back as I can remember I've had dreams of being chased by an unstoppable being. The first I can remember I was 10 years old and I dreamed I was being chased through my school by a giant flying version of a girl we used to make fun of. In every dream I am being chased I feel a sense of hopelessness. I feel no matter what I do, I will get caught and mostly I do. Now that I am older, 21, the dreams have become more violent and occasionally sexual in nature but still have the overall feeling of hopelessness. One of the worst dreams I've ever had... a man was holding my fiance, me & my family against our will. We were all kept in this strange underground cave system. I had my own room and I somehow hid my son inside a small closet and no one knew he was in there. The man holding us captive said he wanted to have sex with me and he went in my room to talk to my dad about it. I was so scared he'd find my son but there was nothing I could do. Then my dad was wheeled out of my room on a hospital bed and he was covered in blood and holding his hands up saying there was nothing he could do. My dad who is normally strong and muscular looked weak and frail. Apparently the man holding us captive killed my son. I woke up gasping. Worst dream of my life. This morning I dreamed my fiance had cheated with his ex and was going to leave me for her & take my son and I couldn't do anything about it. My point is I am always dreaming someone in trying to hurt/rape me. I always feel powerless and that my fate of being harmed is inevitable. I think the dreams always represent the same feelings in different scenarios. They are either chasing me or they are too powerful to even run from. I am so sick of these dreams. I have them almost every night. How can I stop them?!

THE BACKGROUND:I feel extremely pressured by my parents to be successful in life. My fiance HAS left me for his ex years ago. I am 21 and I feel the older I get the farther away go my aspirations.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED June 16, 2012, 14: 6: 56)

Well if you get these dreams very often then maybe it reveals something about you. You are probably a very emotional person who has tendency to look on the darker side.

Being chased can represent pressure where you feel as if people are judging you. Maybe thats where your parents come in. You feel as if you can never live up to their expectations...
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

BLOOD: Dreams often symbolize current emotions so ask yourself what blood could mean. Blood and wounds can symbolize painful issues so think what caused you pain in an emotional sense. Do you feel depressed right now? Have you just broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend? Did someone upset you or humiliate you yesterday? Feelings like this could have triggered a dream. One dream about rape was actually triggered by a family meeting the day before. The dreamer was belitted by her sister in law - she felt that she had to stand there and take it as she subtly humiliated her.

For more information read here Blood dreams

CHASED: Dream symbols pick up on related emotions so what emotions do you feel when you are being chased? If someone is putting pressure on us then we feel as if we are being chased. So if you were forced to do something that you do not like doing then it may represent that pressure. What about your general personality. People with phobias and inhibitions get the feeling that they are being chased. So if you felt especially phobic yesterday then that could be what has triggered your dream. There can be more obscure meanings though. if you feel you are not accepted or understood by someone then you may feel as if someone is chasing you.

For more information read here Chased dreams

FATHERS: Dream symbols can have several meanings. A father could simply represent your own father so if you have been thinking about him then its likely that the dream is quite literal. But a father could represent father like qualities and pressures. Fathers are famed for being sensible and practical so a father in your dream may mean that you recognise the need to be more realistic.

For more information read here Father dreams

KILLED OR MURDERED: Dreams tap into similar sets of emotions and so what exactly does murder involve. Firstly, it involves strong emotions so its likely that a dream with murder in reveals your strong negative feelings about someone. Dream studies have shown that murder dreams involve strong negative feelings towards someone or something. It can link to someone who you really dislike - someone who you want out of your life. Murrder can also be a symbol for your rsistance towards something. You want to cut it out of your life!

For more information read here Murdering dreams

PAIN: Pain is usually about pain in an emotional sense. Dream studies showed one pain dream following on from a day when the dreamer was fiinding it difficult to accept a situation. So the pain was definitely symbolic of emotional pain.

For other meanings of pain in dreams read here Pain in dreams

Schools in dreams

Sex in dreams

Shops in dreams

Music in dreams

HOSPITAL: Dreams take a sidestep in their meaning. Hospitals in real life deal with physical health. In dreams hospitals are about emotional health and about the happiness and healthiness of our life in general. So if you have been thinking about a relationship and been making assessments about its healthiness then your dream could simply represent those thoughts.

Hospitals in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z