DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Baby girl
POSTED August 13, 2011, 20:06 by t08grazianot (Viewed 393 times)

THE DREAM : I was swimming in an below ground cavern with a guy I'd never met before, he was talking to me about all this personal stuff from his life; how he hated his younger brother, how his parents being divorced has screwed him up etc... Then we found this lake and I wanted to go for a swim, but as I was trying to take my clothes off (I had bathers underneath) he kept grabbing me and wouldnt let me move/continue getting undressed, so I stopped trying and noticed a dark shape in the water... I leant over and the guy pulled me back hastily, just in time to see a massive great white jump out of the water and snap its teeth together where my head had been not even a second before... I then find myself at my mum's house and I've had two little baby girls, I named one Lily and the father (my boyfriend in reality) and I were still discussing the name of the other baby... My cousin who is 18 and has a 1 y/o baby girl herself came over and tried to hide Lily in the linen closet while me and the father were debating over whether to name our other daughter Eve or Ariel.

THE BACKGROUND:I had sex for the first time the day before I had this dream, but I wouldnt let him 'finish' because we didnt have a condom... My parents are divorced, I have a younger brother and my parents live over half an hour apart. I normally don't remember my dreams, but this one stuck with me for days
-----------------------------------------------------
Iceberg rose (POSTED August 13, 2011, 23: 6: 52)
Sounds like you had a very close call - your dream suggests you want to swim in shark infested waters that could very easily just eat you up and consume you. When I read your dream it said to me you know the full consequences of what you want to do - the dream is showing you what you want to deny. I am not surprised it stuck in your memory. Take care.-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED August 14, 2011, 01: 7: 37)
Dreams do not really help you. They are often just the way our minds process and store emotional ideas and thoughts. This dream is undoubtedly about your first sexual experience. It probably shows how you felt about this. It will show the types of thoughts going through your mind. Here is an idea of those ideas going through your mind -

A guy I'd never met before = "When we had sex it was like I was meeting a whole new person"

He was talking to me about all this personal stuff from his life = perhaps he opened up emotionally beforehand

He hated his younger brother = maybe a symbol to show how grown up he feels. He's trying to be older not immature

Screwed him up = he is showing you his vulnerable side and talking about his weaknesses

I stopped trying = Just a symbol for when you let go and let him have sex

Noticed a dark shape in the water = your looking for hidden dangers eg pregnancy fears

I've had two little baby girls = again about pregnancy fears

Me and the father were debating over whether to name our other daughter Eve or Ariel = perhaps thinking of your post sex chat. Assessing how caring he wasREPLY
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

BOYFRIEND: A dream about your boyfriend will quite often be about your boyfriend. Such dreams will capture new thoughts and feelings as they emerge from your mind. So try to see how any boyfriend dreams represent changes in your feelings?

SWIMMING: Dream symbols reflect reality so there is something about swimming which makes a point about your own feelings. Swimming involves great effort and energy. Remember that dreams are about your emotions so think of ways in which you have been putting lots of effort and energy into emotional projects. Have you realised that you need to change? Have you been investing lots of emotional energy in a project. Have you been very frustrated emotionally? Thoughts and intuitions like this could have triggered your dream.

For more information read here Swimming in dreams

TEETH: What could a missing tooth be a metaphor for? Teeth are firmly set in place and extracting thm involves a lot of pain. Often teeth can represent important relationships and ourr worries that these could be ending. Ending such relationships is painful in an emotionl sense. Teeth can also represent places that we are leaving - leaving a job or school leaves a big gap in your life (just like a missing tooth). But teeth drreams can also be very simple in their meaning - it may mean that you are having teeth problems or need to see a dentist.

For more information read here Teeth dreams

BABIES: Dream symbols tap into situations which have similar emotions. What emotions do you associate with babies? A baby takes a lot of care and attention and so can represent a thought such as "I am really enjoying this new project and I am putting in a lot of effort". So babies can represent positive emotions as we are trying to nurture something or someone in our lives. But babies can also be seen as a burden which we are having to put lots of resources into.

For more information read here Baby dreams

GRABBING: -Have you got lots of unused energy right now?
-Do you feel unsettled or unhappy right now?
- Do you feel pressured?
- Have you just shown massive determination and resolve? Do you want to show more resolve?

For more information read here Grabbing dreams

JUMP: -Have you been thinking about some change which you need to make?
-Did someone act decisively yesterday?
-Do you feel under pressure at the moment?
-Have you just radically changed your view on something?
-Did someone act very hastily yesterday?

For more information read here Jumping in dreams

NAKED: Most dream symbols are easily translated into real day to day thoughts. Actually just reading the wider usages of the word naked in a normal dictionary will help you understand this symbol. One dreamer was thinking over a blatant act from the day before so nakedness was a symbol for actions which were not hidden - they were nakedly obvious.

Naked in dreams

Pulled in dreams

Undressing in dreams

Music in dreams

MOTHERS: Understanding dreams is often quite easy. Actually dreams symbols can be directly translated in certain words and their meanings are easily understood by reading an ordinary dictionary. Mothers can represent the words and phrases "Welcoming", "reassuring", "helping", "needing closure", "being sensible", "worries", and "taking time". Try to see how your real life thoughts feature words like this and you will start to gain an insight into what the meaning of the dream is. For instance if you were warmly welcomed thed ay before then your mind has been noting this warm welcome - we constantly think over how people react to us. Such dreams don't have much of a meaning (in fact most dreams do not have meanings that help us) - they just represent day processing in the mind.

For other meanings of mothers in dreams click here - Mothers in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z