DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Snakes
POSTED January 21, 2014, 05:02 by KarenT (Viewed 325 times)

THE DREAM : There were snakes everywhere. On the carpet, on the bed, under the bed, crawling everywhere. All types of snakes. A viper, a colorful striped snake. brown, green, white. I almost got bitten but my takkie I had on protected my foot.

THE BACKGROUND:The only thing that has happened recently is my little boy has started big school, grade 1. I do stress about him and worry how he is doing.
-----------------------------------------------------
Shmazzle (POSTED April 16, 2014, 11: 3: 13)

. People say snakes are a symbol of something bad but that is not true. What you have to know first is what a snake would mean to you. Would that many snakes freak you out normally? Would it fascinate you or would it just make you curious? I love all reptiles, which means for me, a dream like that would symbolize something completely different compared to most people.

. If I were to guess the meaning of your dream to you, assuming snakes mean to you as something threatening since one tried to bite your foot, I would have numerous conclusions. I would say since you have a child, the home has means of being more of a symbol of protection for your kid, yourself, maybe a family animal and anything else you care for (or what is important to you). The house can actually often represents your mind and its contents, what makes you, you. So it may mean you think a very threatening, ( severity due to the number of snakes), force is currently effecting your living conditions, or is threatening or infecting who you are. You being alone could point to you being the only one aware of this threat or that it is only effecting you, or it could mean you think you are the reason or cause of this threat. You mentioned the snakes were on the bed, maybe this threat is present even when you sleep, or is effecting your sleeping pattern. You being protected from a physical injury from this threat could indicate that this threat is only effecting who you are, assuming the house represents your mind or way of thinking.

. Again, this is me guessing what the snakes, your home, the bed, your seclusion in the dream, and you being physically protected means to you. The foot itself could mean something too. You forgot mention where you were in the room because that likely has meaning as well. Chances are it all means something else to you, but I am trying my best guess so that it may help you better understand the dream and its meaning, so that you can decipher it more accurately. Also, to help readers better understand dream symbolism and its uniqueness to the individual.

Hope I helped.
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

SNAKES Many people say that snakes can symbolize negative emotions such as jealousy or resentment. But why? Snakes can strike at any time and their bite is venomous and unpleasant. So a snake could represent someone whose negative comments could strike at any time. Snakes in dreams

PETS: Dream symbols often deal with certain themes in our lives. A pet is often a symbol of very dear friends who make a fuss about us. So if you have been thinking how special someone has been treating you then your dream may simply represent that theme. Dreams often deal with opposites so a dream with pets in could also link to some worries that a friend has not been as dear and supportive as you expected.

For fuller explanation of pets in dream then read here - Pets in dreams

Protection in dreams

Undressing in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z