DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - SOMETIMES REHEARSING IS SWEETER THAN PERFORMING
POSTED July 22, 2011, 20:05 by iceberg rose (Viewed 423 times)

THE DREAM : This dream started in a common room and I was needing a place to stay, I had children with me. I was looking for my grandmother. Even though she is long dead in reality I had no doubt I would find her.

Nan was in her bed and we spoke normally like we did when she was alive and soon I had moved in. Nan was surprised to see me but glad I had come.

In my real life I actually live in my grandmothers old home.

After I had found my grandfather, who is also long dead, and had a chat about lots of things about life and children’s issues I can’t now recall, I got on with the work in this dream.

I had come in on a team of people who had been dealing with a rat infestation in the rehearsal rooms of this theatre complex. The conversation at the tables seemed to be about that.

I was the last to leave this area and decided to do a clearance search to make sure there were no rats left before I locked up. If I found any I planned to kill them.

As I walked the beautifully polished honey toned parquetry floors I only found about three bugs there. I immediately and decisively squished them by stamping on them with my feet. They were cockroaches and rats can feed on them.

I was tempted to ignore the back rehearsal rooms but decided to be thorough just in case.

As I walked the halls of the complex of rooms I noticed the sweet sound of singing and I was really blissed out by it in my dream. It took me while to figure out it was me who was singing and when I did, I was very happy. It is not often I sing in my dreams.

The dream ended here.

THE BACKGROUND:To be honest I was surprised I had this dream so close on the dream I had yesterday. I guess I was ready for the work I had to do in it so it came.

In my dream posted here yesterday about revisiting my old home I was exploring what I was afraid I might have accidentally left behind in my old home I was very emotionally attached to. In that dream I was happy to leave that emotional home but I now need a new emotional home.

I seems to me my own home, which was my grandmothers while she lived is not a bad place to live. The dream shows I have now emotionally moved in. I have been absent a long time.

In our home my husband and I rehearse our music most days. While we were rehearsing yesterday evening I noticed I had better and longer control over my voice than usual. I had that experience where I could hear myself singing and it was as if I was listening to someone else.

Sometimes when rehearsing we say the music plays us and we just listen. It’s really magical when it does but his experience is not in our conscious control – it happens spontaneously from time to time.

The common goal my husband and I share is to be able to do that when we are on stage.

It is interesting that the things that knaw at us about performing have been cleared from the rehearsal rooms in my dream. Most times my husband and I play at home we are not so bothered by performance flaws that bug us in real life performance.

In the dream here I purposefully stamp on the bugs and make sure there is non lurking in the back rooms.

In this dream my emotional and logical mind has created a story so I know my emotions and my reality are now aligned in the same place.

It has taken me years and years to get to this place. I am OK now. I wasn’t for such a long time. It’s nice to be home.

This dream is a lovely play on words.
-----------------------------------------------------
Unclesirbobby (POSTED July 23, 2011, 02: 6: 34)
I certainly agree with the interpretation. It sounds like it was linked to you feeling exceptionally happy about your singing.

I backwards analyse dreams... sometimes too much perhaps. I often try to work out what symbols mean. Studying many dreams I often felt that old people and grandparents can represent our own experience. They represent knowledge and practice built up over period of time. It was a meaning that surprised me. But I would say that they do.

So maye this dream fits that meaning. Your grandparents were there as you have noticed your own singing ability has gradually been perfected... over the passage of time-----------------------------------------------------
Iceberg rose (POSTED July 23, 2011, 18: 6: 34)
I can see your point about analysing dreams. In my dreams the presence of relatives in particualar for me represents the emotional memories I have connected to them.

Dead realatives do not come too often in my dreams. I have noticed they are often emphasising a point that offers me the emotional security and comfort I need to do my current life task when they do come.

I believer this is what this dream is about.

Like you say to paraphase your point - they are a collective of what I already know.

I crave emotional security. When my life doesn't offer me that I get it from memories and my dreams to get me through the shortage.

It has been my expereince that, if I don't find an alternative supply this way I get sick - really sick, quite quickly. Dreaming tells me I have maxed out on my available levels of emotional security just now so I need to pay attention.

I also get emotional security by writing how I am really feeling and what I am really thinking down on paper. It gets the anxiety that cripples me out of my body and into a safer place where it can be disposed of appropriately.

My grandmother's presence in the dream was saying to my conscious me I am ready now to emotionally move back into my own home again. I havn't lived emotionally in my own home for many years. I have been so unhappy here.

Emotionally I lived in my old family home that I revisted in my dream the night before. I have already reported that dream on this site.

In that dream the new family life in my old family home dissapointed me. I was not part of it. In reality I am not part of the life of my siblings any more. They are busy with their own families lives.

My old life as a nurse was intricateley linked to that life too as we were all nurses. So my work life is hidden in there somehwere as well.

In the previously reported dream I decisively looked at my positon and noticed how uncomfotable I was in the new family structure since mum died. The dream showed me clearly why I don't want to be part of that.

In that dream I didn't take any souveniers from that life as a keepsake even though they belonged to me. I threw them in the garbage bin.

The dream helped me accept reponsibility for my decsion. It showed me the new owners didn't mind me being there it was me that minded being there. I don't ever want to go back to that family life and I am OK about that now. I wasn't for a long time.

In my conscious life as an awake person it is socially unacceptable to say I don't want to be part of my remaining families life. It breaches a socially accepted norm that blood is thicker than water.

For me its just DNA - but to say that sounds cold and unfeeling. Being cold and unfeeling is a family taboo.

I was surprised I had this dream so quickly. Usually it takes a few weeks to process these kind of emotions. I am gussing I was more prepared than I thought I was for this life task before me. Hence I had this dream the very next night.

My home in real life was my grandmothers home before she died. The presence of my grandmothers and my decision to go and live with her in the dream was a significant dream clue. My realtionship with my grandmother helped me breach my emotional defences in my awake life to doing a life task I have been avoiding.

I met my grandmother and felt emotinallly OK. Later in the dream I became aware of its full meaning but I was emotionalyy equipped to do so by my encounter with my grandmother first.

This got round my concious minds objections to change. It is the way my unconcsous mind overcame my resistance to accepting I need to live emotionally in my own home now.

The heavenly singing I heard in my dream that was so deeply emotionally satisfying to me was in fact my own voice but it took me a while to recognise it. Once I did recognise it as me I realised I have been rehearsing moving back into my own home emotionally for some time. But like life - the rehearsal can go well even if the reality is different when it comes to the performance.

When I cleared all the rehersal rooms for bugs that was significnat. I was being sure there were no residual objections in my mind to my decison to move emotionally back into my own home. The rat infestation that had been such a problem to me had been delt with by a whole team of people.

In my real life it is my medical team, my psycholgist etc.

That is why I so decisively stamped on the bugs - I didn't want any stray rats remaining to have any food (emotional food)to eat. They needed to be starved out as they had been eating me up previously.

This dream has two levels - the joy level that was so emotionally satisfying and gave me the emotional fuel to face the dream task. The secondary and most important part at an emotional level was accepting I needed to move where my heart and emotions live. I have now completed this task.

When my mother died last year I lost the place where my emotional heart lived. My heart had become homeless. This dream was telling me I had decided I had to make a home for my emotional heart in my actual home with my husband.

This is a very big step for me. I came from a home where there were lots of people and I was eldest of five children in a very busy and happy home. My home today is devoid of people and there is only my husband and myself here.

My home feels emotionlly cold and devoid of life to me as a rule. The real joy in it is the music we play in it every day. It is my solice - my slice of heaven.

But I miss the people and the visitors that were part of my childhood family home. In my adult life I have been unable to replicate it because that environment and life is not something my husband is able to deal with.

In the dream my grandmother was surprised to see me but glad I came. The dream showed me I had not consciously noticed I was ready now to take this big emotioanl step. My unconscous told me I was in the dream.

By writing my dream here I make it real in a symbolic way. That helps me manage my emotional objections to making this choice.

As a dreamer I try to find a way to honor my dreams. They are part of the fabric of reality for many people. Sadly in the awake world they are so often discounted by the conscious world as unconscious and therefore not too important.

This site honors dreams. It is contributing significantly to the well being of the world even if in a small way. That is why I have posted some of my dreams here.

Dreams are very important to me. They are part of the fabric of my emotional intelligence.-----------------------------------------------------
Iceberg rose (POSTED July 23, 2011, 21: 6: 07)
Here is an example serindipidy at work in my life. This is a song I used to sing as I came across it while searching for a civil war song.

When I sang it I had the voice I heard in my dream and my husband commented on it saying "Whooo I like that."

It was so moving I couldn't go on for the tears that caught me out.

For a long time I have not emotionally lived in my body - my body has just been something I needed to live here in the world.

As I sang this song I realised my heart is back where it should be - it is in me. For a long time I have had no heart for my life.

See how for me the words are played out emotionally and symbolically in my dreams and in my feelings in my awake life.

I am sure this will significantly impact my well being and mental health.

As I logged on I read that Amy Winehouse has been found dead with reports of alcohol and substance abuse being an issue - I understand her death and I feel very sad she got so emotionally lost she died.

Our emotional heart is very precious but it feels very acutely. Many of us try and turn it off or keep it at bay. My censors for my emotional heart no longer work so I have no choice - I am emotionally incontinent and now I feel gald about that.

At least my feelings can come out and not be bottled up into an emotional rage that sees many dead in Norway as a man unleashes his fury and kills people and Amy Winehouse dead at 27.

Here is the song.

Who will watch the home place sung by Lawrie Lewis - I am not sure who wrote it just now.

Who Will Watch The Home Place

(Laurie Lewis) Capo 4 G C D Am

(G)Leaves are falling and turning to (C)showers of (G) gold

(G)As the postman climbs up our long (D)hill

(G)And there's sympathy written all over his (C)face

As he (Am)hands (C) me a couple more (D)bills

(G)Who will (C) watch the (G) home place

(C)Who will (G)tend my (Am) hearts dear (D) space

(G)Who will (C) fill my (G) empty (C) place

When (G) I am (D)gone from (G)here

(G) There's a lovely green nook by a (C) clear-running (G) stream

It was my place when I was quite (D) small

And it's (G) creatures and sounds could soothe my worst (C) pains

But to(Am) day they don't (C) ease me at (D) all

In my grandfather's shed there are hundreds of tools

I know them by feel and by name

And like parts of my body they've patched this old place

When I move them they won't be the same

Now I wander around touching each blessed thing

The chimney the tables the trees

And my memories swirl 'round me like birds on the wing

When I leave here oh who will I be

END

If you have read this far - take some time now and feel your own feelings. Give thanks if you can feel anything - our world can be such and unfeeling place to be.

Lots of love from

Iceberg RoseREPLY
-----------------------------------------------------
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

DEATH: Death is often used in a quite abstract way in dreams. If you no longer see an ex boyfriend or girlfriend then if they die in a dream it may simply mean that you realise that you will never see them again(the relationship has DIED!). It may also symbolise a change in your life as are no longer able to do something (If you have a bad knee you can no longer play football so that part of you has died). Dreams are often like short plays and the emotions that they evoke could be feelings that you are experiencing right now. If a dear friend or loved one died then you would be devastated. That just may be your minds way of saying that you really value that person - you could not live without them.

For more information read here Death dreams

KILLED OR MURDERED: Dreams tap into similar sets of emotions and so what exactly does murder involve. Firstly, it involves strong emotions so its likely that a dream with murder in reveals your strong negative feelings about someone. Dream studies have shown that murder dreams involve strong negative feelings towards someone or something. It can link to someone who you really dislike - someone who you want out of your life. Murrder can also be a symbol for your rsistance towards something. You want to cut it out of your life!

For more information read here Murdering dreams

SEARCH: What does searching in dreams mean? Think of more abstract and esoteric usages of the word search and this could help cast light on the meaning of your dream. Searching is often an emotional journey as we decide what we want in life. Searching involves a lot of effort and symbolize moments when we want to do something as well as possible and we are trying to do as best we can. Studies have shown that searching could be linked to a wish to rediscover something - a wish for things to be more like they were in the past. Searching may simply mean that you are trying to escape poor circumstances right now. There are other usages of the word search which dreams have been proven to be linked to. One dream followed on from a situation the dreamer was thinking over - he was thinking over what someone said the day before. He as looking (searching) for some hidden meaning.

For more information read here Searching dreams

People in dreams

Dreams can have many and varied meanings. Often its best to try to translate a dream symbol into metaphors for our own feelings - especially recent feelings. For instance our dream studies featured one dream where the dreamer had been wanting to do something the next day but could not because of work commitments. Therfore the prison dream that night could represent work responsibilities that we feel trapped with - imprisoned by.

For a fuller explanation of prison dreams then read here - Prisoner in dreams

Shops in dreams

Music in dreams

MOTHERS: Understanding dreams is often quite easy. Actually dreams symbols can be directly translated in certain words and their meanings are easily understood by reading an ordinary dictionary. Mothers can represent the words and phrases "Welcoming", "reassuring", "helping", "needing closure", "being sensible", "worries", and "taking time". Try to see how your real life thoughts feature words like this and you will start to gain an insight into what the meaning of the dream is. For instance if you were warmly welcomed thed ay before then your mind has been noting this warm welcome - we constantly think over how people react to us. Such dreams don't have much of a meaning (in fact most dreams do not have meanings that help us) - they just represent day processing in the mind.

For other meanings of mothers in dreams click here - Mothers in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z