DREAM SYMBOLS : A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z
DREAM GUIDE: Based upon years of experience DREAM FORUM: Online discussion
DREAM THEORY• A modern theory. • Why is this the best dream site?
Dream dictionary techniques and dream symbol study

FORUM MENU REPLY NEW TOPIC REGISTER login
DREAM FORUM - Another Lucid Dream
POSTED May 6, 2012, 10:07 by shmazzle (Viewed 549 times)

THE DREAM : PERSPECTIVE: 1'ST PERSON -- I had been walking in the crowded hallways of the 2'nd floor at my old high school. As I am walking I look behind me and see an old classmate. I say hey and he acknowledges. I continue walking and then I look behind me again and I see a different old classmate. This occurrence of events reminded me of a previous non- lucid dream I had before, where the same thing was happening. Immediately I stop and then turn around to this 2'nd person. I look at my hands, front and back, for a second. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, and let it go as I open my eyes. I see now it was the autistic kid I grew up with in school. I told him this was a dream, and he smiled like my brother did in my last lucid dream and began looking around at the ceiling a floor. I suddenly decided to announce to everyone the situation, "Ehhem, Attention everyone!" Everyone stopped walking and payed attention, their faces glowing in anticipation. I say, "This," I point around, "is all a dream. We are all here based on me. What should I do with this information?" I am speaking to them, but I knew that in all else, I would be having a conversation with myself. So I answered all of my questions instead of waiting for their response. "Should I begin a separate journey or should I make use of this place, here? No, I think I should strengthen myself with focus and concentration when in a state like this." The conversation was long and it was just me pacing backward and forth talking to the crowd. I don't really remember what was said beyond this point but I'm convinced this conversation was important. The crowd seemed to be further entertained by it the more I spoke. When I got tired of speaking I closed my eyes and took that deep breath again. When I opened them, I was in a small theater with something being played in black and white. I didn't pay much attention to that, I'm still in a lucid state. I close my eyes again, but this time I try to put myself in a focused, meditative state. Just like the last lucid dream, I awake in a non-lucid dream.

THE BACKGROUND:I think there is a direct correlation between the blue lotus and dreaming recall, or maybe just dreaming in general. I made sure I took a few tokes of the stuff before I went to bed last night. I must of had 6 total dreams last night in which the beginning of each dream (besides the lucid dream) started with me being completely wrapped up in my blanket to where I could hardly breath. It then takes 10 dream minutes of struggling to get out of the blanket, but I always get out :). It's not fun though, It's like being water boarded or something. The dream I had after this dream was the only one I could remember fully. I slept till' noon yesterday and did nothing but toke on ganja all day. No emotional engagement in anything at all yesterday, it was kinda fun.
-----------------------------------------------------
Iceberg Rose (POSTED May 6, 2012, 17: 7: 44)

I have read a few of your dreams now Shmazzle and I get the sense that you entertain yourself with your dreams.

In this one you clearly prepared yourself for your dream by the smoking and in the dream you were both the enterainer and the crowd as you waxed eloqent on your own internal stage.

There is nothing wrong with doing this by the way but I want to share how I see it as an observer of who you seem to be by your own reports on this site.

You seem to me self obsessed and I am wondering if there is something you can do with your day life that is less self centered than you seem to report here. By this I mean spending less time smoking and hanging out.

Like you, I thoroughly enjoy my own dream life. I guess I try to apply the lessons they teach me about myself to my daily life as well - I am guessing you do something similar. You seem open to seeing yourself from another point of view so that is why I have ventured to speak here.

It worries me that you choose chemicals to help you dream. I personally see this as a dangerous practice.

Dreams are only dreams. Chemicals can cause us to blurr the line between our own reality and a chemically induced one and that can lead us into confusion. All I want to say is take care of yourself and your own well being.

I would also like to ask you if you can break your dreams up into paragraphs if possible. The big blocks of text make reading your dreams a real challenge in concentration. Thats all I want to share right now.
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 7, 2012, 03: 1: 52)

I always find interpreting dreams difficult. Dreams are not about the facts of your life - rather they are about the emotions in your mind.

Your dreams are especially difficult because your mind is very much inside yourself. You are very introspective. I always find it difficult to word such replies. You are clearly thinking about your dreams ... you are in an experimental phase looking into lucid dreams. In some ways I am not qualified to understand such dreams as I do not really have such dreams.

But I do think that your dreams are about your dreams right now. So your dreams will be about how you are relating to dreams right now. It all gets very incestuous and messy. Your dream is about dreams and your thoughts about dreams. So in cat your dreams could be a response to something I have said. Thats the bit I don't like.

I do not like the word fantasy. I use it because it expresses something. But it has overtones which I do not like. In the absence of much going on in your life then fantasy will take over. Your mind is an incredible thing and will attempt to keep going even when it is not being stimulated properly.

I lie to interpret dreams by using quotes which capture a feeling or thought process. Your dream here is dramatic and often very cynical. It seems to link to previous dreams and so it could then be a dream about that dream. It also dabbles in autism - I think that means something. I think your dream captures this feeling ...

"What does a dream mean? I am being told that dreams are linked with my fantasies. Its all very cynical. Its all part of me exploring my inner world. I wake up and I know that this dream is a dream and merely reflects some semi autistic way of looking at the world."

So your dream is maybe part of your journey into dreams. Its maybe a response to something I said. I know in your other post you mention coping mechanisms. Your dream here is actually quite conceptual. Its part of your process of understanding dreams. So if your dream here is about anything it is exploring coping mechanisms and with that your own understanding of your own dreams.
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 7, 2012, 03: 1: 14)

In short your dream is like a short play exploring your current thoughts and feelings about dreams. The autistic kid is part of your own thoughts about some negative ideas about dreams.

I hope I do not come across in a bad way. Dreams are very much about your thoughts. I actually see some deep conceptual thinking here in your dreams. Its not so much self obsessed - but it is very introspective.

Shmazzle (POSTED May 7, 2012, 13: 1: 18)

I'm glad to see such active response in just one day.

First thing, I do not get irritated from other inputs on any of my dreams, thoughts, or actions mentioned on this forum. Even if they conflict with my own. Ever since I was a child I was good at putting myself in others' shoes, so I am able to see things from your perspective, no matter how straight forward and brutally honest your comments may seem.

Iceberg, Ethnobotanicals are not chemicals. There are active compounds within the flower, blue lotus. It has been used (smoked and brewed in teas and alcohol) for thousands of years with no reported negative side effects.

Unlike almost every prescription medication out there, that are potentially lethal, or addicting and brain damaging. These medications are all synthesized and manufactured from extracts, which do have negative side affects.

I am grateful for your concern, but it is misplaced. I know what it is to use dangerous chemicals and this isn't one of them.

Also, this double space glitch thing plagues my computer, I'll try using my brothers laptop, I might have more of a success then. When Bobby fixes my posts I'm afraid that if I edit it, that it will revert back to double space madness. I am able to fix comments though, just not my posts. :(

As for interpreting the dream, I see a key feature displayed in both of my posted lucid dreams. I have always thought of dreams of being in a higher state of consciousness. Being, this, I always thought that meditation and focus achieved in a lucid dream, would be a thousand times more effective than in real time practice.

So the past few weeks I've been doing a little research and found books on lucid dreams. The reason why I don't let the crowd speak is because I know that my subconscious created everything around me, so I applied a learned technique in my dream. Then, both times I try to close my eyes and focus, then I end up in a non-lucid dream. This frustrates me a little, but I'll deal. It's just that I think that it's more than a coincidence that the only 2 lucid dreams I had since the snake dream has this property.

Lucid dreams are strange for interpreting, it has the qualities of a regular dream, it's just that you're aware of where you are... so you would choose to notice something you wouldn't normally notice and in a sense, alters the way you experience the dream in its' entirety. My goal is to achieve lucidity in most future dream, because I think we can learn most from dreams like this.
Iceberg rose (POSTED May 7, 2012, 19: 1: 47)

Hi Shmazzle

Thankyou for the paragraphs - I felt I could follow your thoughts better in your response and I feel I am better able to understand where you are coming from.

The double space thing is OK for me as a reader by the way. Posting dreams can be hard as it is difficult to translate dream images into language others can understand. Sometimes double spaced posts go back to single spacing after Unclesirbobby has looked at it I have noticed.

When I post dreams I often write mine up in a word document and copy and paste them in. That way I get the benefit of the spellchecker and my dreams do not enter the site in double spaceing.

I keep my own dream journal this way.

In the dreams you are posting I can see you are developing as a dreamer. One of the benefits of sharing your dreams is that it creates a apace in the real world where your dreams can be part of reality in a safe way.

I have found sharing my dreams in a safe place actually helps my dreams devlop past my own personal stumbling blocks. When I read yours I am looking for evidence that you are growing and I can see you are. Its always a slow process but it is there.

Thankyou for sharing your dream space here. It is not one I personally know but I appreciate the oppportunity you have given me to enter it by posting on this forum.

I also appreciate reading what Unclesirbobby has to say as it helps my understanding as well. I am not familiar with your dream subject matter so its new ground for me.

I pray as I am a Christain and so my prayer for you is that you find the freedom in dreaming you are seeking. I can see you are working hard at it and this is my way of supporting your effort. That is all I can offer you at this time.
Unclesirbobby (POSTED May 8, 2012, 14: 2: 17)

"The reason why I don't let the crowd speak is because I know that my subconscious created everything around me"

I think thats a point I picked up but did not quite find the words to express it.

Actually thats what makes this a lucid dream. Its part of the awareness. I used to wonder if lucid dreams are just a made up thing. But I think its been proven that lucid dreams are different.
You are not logged in - LOGIN

---------------------------------

DREAM ANALYSIS Reading other peoples dreams helps you understood how dreams work and how they relate to recent thoughts and feelings. Below are some links to some interesting dreams.

Vampirism by Gypsyroving
Arrested by Gypsyroving
I FOUGHT OFF THE RED CRABS by iceberg rose
Komodo Dragon by KarenT
Swimming in a pool with frogs by Jillw06
1poision3nonpoisionsnakes by sweetwater5655
Pregnancy Premonition by ecslater
My Premonitions by BrandonBanks720
THE ROAD MAP - my husbands dream by Iceberg rose
Tornado Dream by rkwarr6f
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHANGE FOR ME by Iceberg Rose
waking up by lastride77
I FINALLY FOUND MY OWN HEAD : D by Iceberg Rose
Wild Horses by LindaBBlack
Dolphin jumping to God by Carlee
A DOING STUFF DREAM by iceberg rose
THE HEAD IN THE GLASS CAGE by Iceberg Rose

HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.

Dreamwork and dream interpreting
Dream types
A modern theory of dreams
Dream dictionary and dream symbol study

Try this dream guide to help you understand the symbols in your dreams. DREAM GUIDE

-------------------------------------------
DREAM INTERPRETATION PROGRAM: When you post a dream a list of symbols will appear here. They will help you work out what has caused your dream. The following dream symbols all appear in THIS DREAM.

People in dreams

Schools in dreams

Shops in dreams

Suddenly in dreams

Dreams represent our deep thoughts and feelings. They are metaphors. They use symbols to compare real life to various memories from the past. We use our experience to make sense of the present.

Many dreams are specifically linked to the day before. They are not the only types of dream. Here is a full list.

•Distraction dreams
•Previous day dreams
•Creative dreams
•Personality dreams
•Emotional dreams
•Nightmares
•Health
•Relationship
•Life change dreams
•Reflective dreams
•Premonitions
•Rehearsing dreams
•Next day dreams
•Lots of dreams
•Depression dreams

Try using the following guide to help you find what has triggered your dream. •DREAM GUIDE

A-Z DREAM SYMBOLS
A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z