Free chocolate cake - dream analysis
THE DREAM My husband didn't believe that I had done something I said I did. He challenged me to prove it, so we went to the restaurant. I was bare foot and worried that I couldn't go in without shoes - then I found a pair of red shoes and put them on so we could go inside.
We went into a nice Restaurant. I brought to the table 3 Chocolate desserts from a food bar that were FREE.
Before I could take a bite, Jim angrily snatched, stole, all three desserts from me and threw them to the floor. I said, "What's the matter with you? They were FREE!" That they were free was not important to him. I felt a sense of capture and only wanted my freedom and got up and left the table - I did not look back.
GUESSWORK The day before the dreamer spent a lot of time putting together a resume for a job which her husband wanted her to get but which she did not want. The dreamer started to think about how she had tried to follow a career path years before. Her husband stopped her getting the qualifications needed. The dreamer is now bitter that he stopped her then and feels that he has imprisoned her. Now she feels that if she did have the financial independence she would leave him. She has started to build up a major resentment towards him.
The "Guesswork" stage of interpreting a dream involves spotting issues likely to cause dreams. For help with this click here
ASSOCIATIONS AND SYMBOLIC MEANINGS
1. CAPTIVE. This is the major part of the dream and makes it easy to interpret. The dreamer feels captive and resentful towards her husband. This merely mirrors real life in an obvious way. This shows that on this day the dreamer was building up a major resentment towards her husband. This is linked to the job that he was now making her apply for which she did not want.
2. CHOCOLATE. Chocolate desserts are pleasant and here they surely symbolise something that is pleasing and enjoyable. In this case they represent the dreamers wish to pursue a career that she wants. Something that she clearly enjoys.
3. RED SHOES. The dreamer feels unprepared without shoes. In this case the lack of shoes represents her own inability to follow the direction she wanted to. The shoes are red which is a vibrant and positive color. This represents the positive mood that following her own career path would have given her.
4. STOLEN. The husband steals something from his wife. This represents her resentment as she feels he has 'stolen' an opportunity from her to pursue her own chosen career path.
5. FREE. The items were free. This maybe represents little by itself but the story in the dream represents this thought "They were free so why would he refuse those. Its not logical". It is combined with controlling behaviour and resentment.
DREAM ANALYSIS In guesswork the dream was linked to the dreamers resentment the previous day. The dream deals with the following themes
- resentment towards her husband
- her husbands illogical behaviour
- the dreamers lack of preparation
If you weave together the different themes you find that they could capture these thoughts -"I got really resentful yesterday towards my husband. I now feel that he is holding me captive. If I had been allowed to build up my own skills and follow my own career path then I would have the financial independence to leave him."
DREAM BANK : Some other interesting dreams
Keep an alligators mouth shut dream
Paranoia and assassination dream
Military officer and Queens baby dream
With ex boyfriend and another girl - dream analysis
Wolf transforms into my boyfriend - dream interpretation
Dream symbols - blindfolded
Boyfriend begging - dream analysis
Dream symbols - searching for boyfriend
Boyfriend cheating dream
My boyfriend died - dream analysis
Copperhead snake strikes - dream interpretation
Young women on bus dream
Dream - my father buys me dog I do not want
Dream symbols - my husband has girlfriend who has cyst or tumor
Telling the truth - dream interpretation
Chasing dream - dream dictionary
Dream symbols - Circular bridge
Seven year coma dream
Dream symbols - fear of coyotes
Dream symbolism - plane takes off but crashes
Crocodile mouth dream
Dream symbols - cute little puppy wags tail
Cutting brothers head off - dream analysis
I dreamt of my dog dead
Ordering your own death dream
Dream - appearing as a ghost
Angry dog dream
Dream - dog,cop and robber and sister
Dragon eggs dreams
Trusting and gagged dream
Drunken promise dream
First alien dream
Swarms of flies and father warns - dream symbolism
Gang raping my daughter
Giant snakes dream
Talking to friends grave dream analysis
Dream symbols - scared of heights
Dream symbolism- smoking marijuana
Guy chasing me dream
Boyfriend got killed dream
Uprooting whole tree - dream symbolism
Amazing display of colour and birds - dream interpretation
Vibrant kiss in vivid dream
Long tube dream
Husband is being extremely mean
Dream interpretation about hospitals and finding your purse
Hugging ex girlfriend dream
Abused when nine years old dream
Dream - panther pregnant
Dream - penis in food blender
Flying and chasing dream
Puppies and snakes
Small puppy - dream analysis
Raper and time travel dream symbols
Reunion - dream dictionary
we had sex in his house!
Dream symbols - shark bite
Snake is almost dead - dream analysis
Competing with other women - dream analysis
Dream symbolism - police search
Tidal wave dream interpretation
Tiger in the house - dream dictionary meaning
Losing teeth dream - dream analysis
Fiancé saves me dream
Multiple dreams- people dying
Misheard woman - dream analysis
Chased by wolves dream
Dream symbols - workshop
The definitions on this website are based upon real dreams. If you feel like you have a dream which you understand then please feel free to email it to me at email@example.com