Free chocolate cake - dream analysis
THE DREAM My husband didn't believe that I had done something I said I did. He challenged me to prove it, so we went to the restaurant. I was bare foot and worried that I couldn't go in without shoes - then I found a pair of red shoes and put them on so we could go inside.
We went into a nice Restaurant. I brought to the table 3 Chocolate desserts from a food bar that were FREE.
Before I could take a bite, Jim angrily snatched, stole, all three desserts from me and threw them to the floor. I said, "What's the matter with you? They were FREE!" That they were free was not important to him. I felt a sense of capture and only wanted my freedom and got up and left the table - I did not look back.
GUESSWORK The day before the dreamer spent a lot of time putting together a resume for a job which her husband wanted her to get but which she did not want. The dreamer started to think about how she had tried to follow a career path years before. Her husband stopped her getting the qualifications needed. The dreamer is now bitter that he stopped her then and feels that he has imprisoned her. Now she feels that if she did have the financial independence she would leave him. She has started to build up a major resentment towards him.
The "Guesswork" stage of interpreting a dream involves spotting issues likely to cause dreams. For help with this click here
ASSOCIATIONS AND SYMBOLIC MEANINGS
1. CAPTIVE. This is the major part of the dream and makes it easy to interpret. The dreamer feels captive and resentful towards her husband. This merely mirrors real life in an obvious way. This shows that on this day the dreamer was building up a major resentment towards her husband. This is linked to the job that he was now making her apply for which she did not want.
2. CHOCOLATE. Chocolate desserts are pleasant and here they surely symbolise something that is pleasing and enjoyable. In this case they represent the dreamers wish to pursue a career that she wants. Something that she clearly enjoys.
3. RED SHOES. The dreamer feels unprepared without shoes. In this case the lack of shoes represents her own inability to follow the direction she wanted to. The shoes are red which is a vibrant and positive color. This represents the positive mood that following her own career path would have given her.
4. STOLEN. The husband steals something from his wife. This represents her resentment as she feels he has 'stolen' an opportunity from her to pursue her own chosen career path.
5. FREE. The items were free. This maybe represents little by itself but the story in the dream represents this thought "They were free so why would he refuse those. Its not logical". It is combined with controlling behaviour and resentment.
DREAM ANALYSIS In guesswork the dream was linked to the dreamers resentment the previous day. The dream deals with the following themes
- resentment towards her husband
- her husbands illogical behaviour
- the dreamers lack of preparation
If you weave together the different themes you find that they could capture these thoughts -"I got really resentful yesterday towards my husband. I now feel that he is holding me captive. If I had been allowed to build up my own skills and follow my own career path then I would have the financial independence to leave him."
DREAM BANK : Some other interesting dreams
Place on plane
Helping babysit sister.
Bathing in blood - dream symbolism
Bear chasing my young son
My best friend dream
Dream - Gunman steals mobile phone
Dream symbols - blindfolded
My boyfriend died - dream analysis
Young women on bus dream
Dream of a secret place
Dream interpretation - Eldorado
Mum and Dad dream
Difficult people from the past dream
Kate Winslet dream in doctors basement - dream interpretation
dog bite dream
Huge elephant and squirrel dream
Dream symbols - finding a bed
Introduced to friend - dream symbolism
Frozen snake cannot bite - dream dictionary
Gang raping my daughter
Giant tree dream
Groom is not at wedding - dream interpretation
No groom at wedding - dream analysis
gun pointed at me dream
Haunted house dream
Holding a baby gently - dream symbolism
Flying in plane over the mountain
Identical babies- dream analysis
Jump into water - dream analysis
Guy who talked to on yahoo and he was bragging- dream interpret
Mother lion dream
Chased by teacher killing and shooting dream
niece drowned dream
Old best friend dream and supermarket
Dream interpretation - overheard boyfriend
grabbing hold of a parachute
Puppies and snakes
Get away from a snake - dream dictionary
Lots of large rats dream
Dream symbols - fear of coyotes
Son is drowning and stranger saves - dream interpretation
Shark is in slow motion - dream analysis
Huge waves drowning - dream analysis
Sister yelling in bedroom - dream analysis
Crash car into ex boyfriend dream symbols
Fighting Anaconda with machete - dream analysis
Snake is almost dead - dream analysis
Husband cheating dream
soothing dream whilst stressed
Dream symbolism - roller-coaster
Dream symbolism - police search
Fiancé saves me dream
A tornado and sunshine - dream dictionary
Dream symbolism - phone disconnected
Ex husband in a coma
Ex husband in a coma
Dream interpretation – war zone
Multiple dreams- people dying
A Weird Gift From a Loved One
Chased by wolves dream
Zombies and Brad Pitt