Free chocolate cake - dream analysis
THE DREAM My husband didn't believe that I had done something I said I did. He challenged me to prove it, so we went to the restaurant. I was bare foot and worried that I couldn't go in without shoes - then I found a pair of red shoes and put them on so we could go inside.
We went into a nice Restaurant. I brought to the table 3 Chocolate desserts from a food bar that were FREE.
Before I could take a bite, Jim angrily snatched, stole, all three desserts from me and threw them to the floor. I said, "What's the matter with you? They were FREE!" That they were free was not important to him. I felt a sense of capture and only wanted my freedom and got up and left the table - I did not look back.
GUESSWORK The day before the dreamer spent a lot of time putting together a resume for a job which her husband wanted her to get but which she did not want. The dreamer started to think about how she had tried to follow a career path years before. Her husband stopped her getting the qualifications needed. The dreamer is now bitter that he stopped her then and feels that he has imprisoned her. Now she feels that if she did have the financial independence she would leave him. She has started to build up a major resentment towards him.
The "Guesswork" stage of interpreting a dream involves spotting issues likely to cause dreams. For help with this click here
ASSOCIATIONS AND SYMBOLIC MEANINGS
1. CAPTIVE. This is the major part of the dream and makes it easy to interpret. The dreamer feels captive and resentful towards her husband. This merely mirrors real life in an obvious way. This shows that on this day the dreamer was building up a major resentment towards her husband. This is linked to the job that he was now making her apply for which she did not want.
2. CHOCOLATE. Chocolate desserts are pleasant and here they surely symbolise something that is pleasing and enjoyable. In this case they represent the dreamers wish to pursue a career that she wants. Something that she clearly enjoys.
3. RED SHOES. The dreamer feels unprepared without shoes. In this case the lack of shoes represents her own inability to follow the direction she wanted to. The shoes are red which is a vibrant and positive color. This represents the positive mood that following her own career path would have given her.
4. STOLEN. The husband steals something from his wife. This represents her resentment as she feels he has 'stolen' an opportunity from her to pursue her own chosen career path.
5. FREE. The items were free. This maybe represents little by itself but the story in the dream represents this thought "They were free so why would he refuse those. Its not logical". It is combined with controlling behaviour and resentment.
DREAM ANALYSIS In guesswork the dream was linked to the dreamers resentment the previous day. The dream deals with the following themes
- resentment towards her husband
- her husbands illogical behaviour
- the dreamers lack of preparation
If you weave together the different themes you find that they could capture these thoughts -"I got really resentful yesterday towards my husband. I now feel that he is holding me captive. If I had been allowed to build up my own skills and follow my own career path then I would have the financial independence to leave him."
DREAM BANK : Some other interesting dreams
An amazing coincidence - dream analysis
Military officer and Queens baby dream
Bathing suit dream
Bear chasing my young son
Assaulting mother in law dream
Bike accident dream
Cat killed a bird - dream interpretation
Blocking bird from entering house - dream analysis
Dream symbols - searching for boyfriend
Son and feeling proud - dream interpretation
Flirting with other men - dream dictionary
Burial dream interpretation
Dream symbolism - phone answering machine
Children raped - dream interpretation
Crossing a river dream interpretation
Dead bird - dream analysis
dog bite dream
Digs biting- dream dictionary
First alien dream
The face of death - dream interpreting
Dream analysis - forgot a relative
Introduced to friend - dream symbolism
Giant snakes dream
Beaten up by Tom Cruise - dream analysis
Gladiator shark game dream
Wedding dress and vulture - dream interpretation
Older brother dream
gun pointed at me dream
Is this guy real
Uprooting whole tree - dream symbolism
Identical babies- dream analysis
Vibrant kiss in vivid dream
Make up shop best in world - dream interpretation
Show male friend to mother - dream analysis
Bite my boyfriend as a vampire- dream analysis
Not paying bills - dream symbolism
Feeling sad and partners ex - dream interpretation
Old best friend dream and supermarket
Dream interpretation - overheard boyfriend
Pack of dogs dream
Wolf Bit my Phone out of my Hand
Small puppy - dream analysis
Raper and time travel dream symbols
All teeth removed - dream analysis
Dream symbols - fear of coyotes
Son is drowning - dream interpretation
Scorpion stuck on heart
we had sex in his house!
Shark is in slow motion - dream analysis
Rats,worms,flies and maggots
Skyscraper collapses dream
Smog dream interpretation
Fighting Anaconda with machete - dream analysis
Spies everywhere - dream analysis
Place on plane
Taking toys away from a child - dream analysis
Grandfather's plea - dream analysis
Tidal wave dream interpretation
Tiger in the house - dream dictionary meaning
Fiancé saves me dream
A tornado and sunshine - dream dictionary
A Weird Gift From a Loved One
Werewolf dream analysis
Needing help of expert - dream interpretation
Zombie Attack dream