Free chocolate cake - dream analysis
THE DREAM My husband didn't believe that I had done something I said I did. He challenged me to prove it, so we went to the restaurant. I was bare foot and worried that I couldn't go in without shoes - then I found a pair of red shoes and put them on so we could go inside.
We went into a nice Restaurant. I brought to the table 3 Chocolate desserts from a food bar that were FREE.
Before I could take a bite, Jim angrily snatched, stole, all three desserts from me and threw them to the floor. I said, "What's the matter with you? They were FREE!" That they were free was not important to him. I felt a sense of capture and only wanted my freedom and got up and left the table - I did not look back.
GUESSWORK The day before the dreamer spent a lot of time putting together a resume for a job which her husband wanted her to get but which she did not want. The dreamer started to think about how she had tried to follow a career path years before. Her husband stopped her getting the qualifications needed. The dreamer is now bitter that he stopped her then and feels that he has imprisoned her. Now she feels that if she did have the financial independence she would leave him. She has started to build up a major resentment towards him.
The "Guesswork" stage of interpreting a dream involves spotting issues likely to cause dreams. For help with this click here
ASSOCIATIONS AND SYMBOLIC MEANINGS
1. CAPTIVE. This is the major part of the dream and makes it easy to interpret. The dreamer feels captive and resentful towards her husband. This merely mirrors real life in an obvious way. This shows that on this day the dreamer was building up a major resentment towards her husband. This is linked to the job that he was now making her apply for which she did not want.
2. CHOCOLATE. Chocolate desserts are pleasant and here they surely symbolise something that is pleasing and enjoyable. In this case they represent the dreamers wish to pursue a career that she wants. Something that she clearly enjoys.
3. RED SHOES. The dreamer feels unprepared without shoes. In this case the lack of shoes represents her own inability to follow the direction she wanted to. The shoes are red which is a vibrant and positive color. This represents the positive mood that following her own career path would have given her.
4. STOLEN. The husband steals something from his wife. This represents her resentment as she feels he has 'stolen' an opportunity from her to pursue her own chosen career path.
5. FREE. The items were free. This maybe represents little by itself but the story in the dream represents this thought "They were free so why would he refuse those. Its not logical". It is combined with controlling behaviour and resentment.
DREAM ANALYSIS In guesswork the dream was linked to the dreamers resentment the previous day. The dream deals with the following themes
- resentment towards her husband
- her husbands illogical behaviour
- the dreamers lack of preparation
If you weave together the different themes you find that they could capture these thoughts -"I got really resentful yesterday towards my husband. I now feel that he is holding me captive. If I had been allowed to build up my own skills and follow my own career path then I would have the financial independence to leave him."
DREAM BANK : Some other interesting dreams
Helping babysit sister.
With ex boyfriend and another girl - dream analysis
Dream - Gunman steals mobile phone
Blocking bird from entering house - dream analysis
Dream symbols - searching for boyfriend
My boyfriend died - dream analysis
Boyfriend leaves you for another girl dream
Dream - my father buys me dog I do not want
Dream symbols - my husband has girlfriend who has cyst or tumor
Dream interpretation - Eldorado
Dream - true passionate love and dog
Dream symbols - Circular bridge
Difficult people from the past dream
Three coyotes walking with me!
I dreamt of my dog dead
Talking with deceased neighbor dream symbolism
Bitten by dog - dream analysis
Angry dog dream
Wedding on edge of cliff dream
Dream analysis - forgot a relative
Frozen shark dream
Frozen snake cannot bite - dream dictionary
Gang raping my daughter
Giant snakes dream
Beaten up by Tom Cruise - dream analysis
Gladiator shark game dream
Dream symbols - scared of heights
Eating cake dream analysis
Highly rehearsed - dream analysis
Huge monument dream
Uprooting whole tree - dream symbolism
Flying in plane over the mountain
Ignoring my father dream interpretation
Dream analysis - impossible
Impressing women - dream analysis
Dream symbolism - insulted
My boyfriend is cheating on me
Dream interpretation - a man overpowering me
Men playing cards against women - dream symbolism
Husband is being extremely mean
Chased by teacher killing and shooting dream
Niece drowned dream
I should give in - dream analysis
Old best friend dream and supermarket
grabbing hold of a parachute
Poison and pest control - dream analysis
Grabbing snakes - dream analysis
Aeroplane never takes off dream
Dreams about ex-boyfriend
Small puppy - dream analysis
Get away from a snake - dream dictionary
Rat bites pet cat - dream analysis
Killing the sacred cow
Dream symbolism - nearly hit ex boyfriend
The Girl At The Lake
Rats,worms,flies and maggots
Sisters bedroom - dream analysis
Smog dream interpretation
Fighting Anaconda with machete - dream analysis
Dream symbols - huge snake
Husband cheating dream
Taking toys away from a child - dream analysis
Tiger in the house - dream dictionary meaning
Tsunami in dream
Chased by a killer whale dream
King monster chasing and killing dream analysis
Getting married in pink - dream symbolism
Dream symbols - werewolf brutally kills friend
Werewolf dream analysis
Dream symbols - workshop
Zombie Attack dream
Zombies and Brad Pitt